• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

Sign in to follow this  
Pockets

What qualifies for MST?

Question

I woke up this morning thinking it's been 34 years since I was  put on that bus to Aberdeen proving grounds leaving Ft. Dix NJ where I learned the odds were against me.  but I also think, I knew then, its Mrs. Krashoc's birthday; today I'm not so sure.

I'm trying to keep it moving but I started to wonder why people say never give up for Veteran disabilities but they tell you to move on, get over it, and to forgive when seeking justice in the criminal courts. It's baffling, to say the least. (i know someone wanting to prove they are a better person than I will want to lecture me on this thought process but please give me a minute)

I hate to be ignorant but I've never been raped and even so, I thought I qualified.  But not until I started thinking the ends will justify the means. Sometimes I"m so ashamed.

My drill sergeant was a walking hard-on and had a hard time accepting my lack of interest. In the end, he got me alone and called me to Attention to talk about my destruction but he didn't put his hands on me. I didn't think I'd be so lucky the next time so when I ended up on the schedule to be his CQ runner, I declined!

Come to find out~ he was a busy abuser! The Company Commander tried to talk us out of filing a complaint but I had no interest in "pretending it didn't happen".  A few days before graduation, I was marched up to Battalion to file my complaint.

A few years later, Darlene Krashoc was found raped, tortured, and murdered in what the Army deemed a "Non-Hostile Event".  I'm guessing it's because we were serving in a time a peace and we were on American soil.

The VA is no better than the forces that send us there.

So~ I ask, What is MST? Would it make a difference if I told you Darlene and I grew up together and joined the service together? I wouldn't want to exaggerate the situation so I"ll be honest and let you know we didn't meet until the 8th grade.

I was told the VA would investigate my claim if I filed one but I'm not sure they did. They declined my claim and when I showed up to my therapy session my Appointments with the psychiatrist and psychologist were canceled. The clerk let me know I could only be seen for MST.   17 days shy of two years since the VA received my Notice of Disagreement for a DRO review and still, no C&P.

Edited by Pockets

3 answers to this question

Please~ forgive me for my babbling. The coward in me starts to ramble facts when I'm in danger of voicing my opinion. I was wrong to bring that here.

Instead, I should have said I'd like to CUE my Drill sergeants retirement.(:

Ad

Not too sure what you mean Pockets.  Your story is a little hard to follow.  If I read it right your friend was a homicide in boot camp?

Pockets are you female?  it don't truly matter but it would be better if we knew your gender?

Here is the definition of MST from the VA point of view,

Military sexual trauma, or MST, is the term used by the Department of VeteransAffairs (VA) to refer to experiences of sexual assault or repeated, threatening sexual harassment that a Veteran experienced during his or her military service.

if you had either of these  then that's MST and you can file a claim, you just need to prove it in a certain way  with military records and your lay statement.

you can contact the MST Coordinator  at the VA Mental Health Clinic  you will need to tell what happen and the dates it all happen...don't feel ashame  this happens to a lot of military personal even years after it happens .

A lot of veterans never report such a horrific personal thing  and some wait years and years to report it,  maybe they just get sooooo tired of feeling the way they do and want help....nothing wrong with that.

you probably never will find a closure to it and it will always be in your mind and night mares will keep coming ect,,,ect,,, but through therapy they can find you tools to work through all this and help you live a better life and help control some of your symptoms like anxiety and sleepless nights  ect,,ect,,

No one here will put you down or criticize you for asking for help and suggestions  that's what hadit is all about to help all us Veterans.

getting compensation won't make you feel any better  but it will  help re leave some financial burdens for you.

so if you been  sexually traumatize while in the military file a claim on it  its no ones business but yours ,its your choice to do as you see!

Remember ,you don't have to have been rape to be Sexually  Traumatized .

So ask any questions on here your heart so desires. don't be afraid or shy,  it is somewhat upsetting to write about things like this  but you need to for some of us to help you with a claim...were not therapist  but most of us can help you with your claim here on hadit you come to the right place for help with your claims.

Take Care!!!

Edited by Buck52