VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Timeline for PTSD increase from 50%

Rate this question

usmcWARdog

Question

Hello all. I'm new to this forum and have questions about the possible timeline for getting a rating and getting paid.  I've seen something online recently, but I can't seem to find it again...

Anyways, I'm currently rated at 70% disabled which consists of 50% PTSD and 30% skin condition. My claim was submitted on 10/1/18 through VSO for an increase in PTSD and  included a new claim IU benefits as well. I got a call about 2 weeks ago to schedule C&P exam in Brooklyn NY VA hosp. for today, in which the examiner today said she would be completing report and submitting by tonight. The thing is, on ebenefits, when you click on "disabilities" under my profile, you can click on "view pending claim" at the bottom of the page to see the Estimated Completion date of the claims - and mine is telling me from 12/13/18 to 1/26/2019. Ebenefits is clear that it can go longer than this, but is it possible that it can be completed before the listed estimate date as well?

Also, once the report has been submitted, what are the expected steps in between C&&P exam and receiving the increase and/or IU rating. Again, I am based in NYC.

Thanks folks!!!

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Yes something can be done by an earlier date.....these dates are just estimates and not written in stone.  But I hope I can convince you to do something else.

I learnt by experience that you cannot trust a VA examiner.  I have a name for this and I call it the Great Conundrum.  On the one hand the VA cannot say, hey Dr. John Doe.  Last month your work authorized us to spend ten thousand more taxpayer dollars than anyone else.  Therefore you get the promotion.  No it does not work that way.  Rather these workers (all VA workers involved in spending public funds) are rated on a consideration of how much they deny.  Thus they have, to use a cliché, skin in the game.  And it is not that they are anti-veteran as much as they are pro securing their financial future.

So what is the solution.  Go to a private doctor.  The VA has, codified in Title 38 of the Code of Federal Regulations the schedule of ratings for each subgroup of conditions.  One need look up the conditions they are claiming, see what must be medically established per disability rating, and then author a statement in support of your claim using the terminology the VA is looking for.  Have your doctor sign it.  If you can show the doctor either by examination or by other medical records your statement conforms to your situation, they will almost always sign the statement.  (Keep in mind that the VA cannot punish a non-VA doctor, which I claim is the root cause of the problem.)

There is an old adage that goes, 'it takes money to make money'.  In that regard it will take money for a private doctor.  But you will save yourself much headache by getting what you need, and getting it sooner rather than later.  Thus the sooner you will 'make money', which I suggest is your ultimate goal.