VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

After 5 yrs 2 items granted and 3 remanded, I’m staying right where I am!

Rate this question

pmchugh7

Question

Being part of the backlog means I’m a thorn in their side.  They want so badly to Eleminate it they might just grant everything.  I’m four months in from three items remanded.  It is said that a remand decision takes 7 - 12 months.  With all the opting-in to the RAMP program, that should leave plenty of people to finish my claim.  Let’s see if I’m right.  I’m thinking it’s like the line at the teller...each time you switch lines-it gets slower.  Or, each time you change lanes to gain distance-your changing back.  The no brainer for me is that I would lose my ability to appeal to the next level.  Staying with the legacy system should show “I’m going all the way!”.  Seems to me if you go where everyone else’s going then that place will be where the backlog is.  THOUGHTS,  please advise

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Like it or not, everyone will be in Ramp Feb., 2019, unless VA delays that.  To me, not opting into RAMP now is like waiting until July 4 to get your Air Conditioning worked on.  I have already opted into RAMP, even tho I recognize some of the drawbacks.  Its not a question of "if" opting into RAMP, the question is "when", at least that is my understanding.   Its unclear what VA will do with people who stay in legacy appeals after Feb., however, they have told us people who opt into ramp will "go the the head of the (BVA appeals) line".  I can not say whether they will keep that promise or not, they certainly have not kept other promises.  

Many law firms advised against opting into RAMP, however, one in particular, CCK law, has a bunch of utubes on RAMP.  CCK may be the largest law firm who represents Veterans against VA, and they enjoy a great reputation.  CCK has definately "softened" in the "hard core stance against RAMP" IMHO.   

The biggest drawback of RAMP I see is when the Vet (erroneously) chooses the higher level review lane, when they have new evidence, especially evidence they think the VA has but doesnt.  That would be a bad deal for Vets.  Instead, simply choose the Supplemental Claim lane, which allows you to submit new evidence.  However, if you have chosen HLR, you can change to SCL, as I understand it.  But that would almost certainly delay your claim.

Someone else can chime in if they dispute this, but I think I have it right.  Even most attorneys lack experience in ramp, that  is likely why they oppose it...the fear of the unknown.  

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use