VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70% PTSD/MDD-Denied TDIU Reasons and Bases listed

Rate this question

air1

Question

My denial of my TDIU was given but they did not mention MD Valette IMO as the reason for denial or reason for approval even though he evaluates me over the phone and reviewed my records. MD El Khatib notes and records were part of denial evidence, VA came up with the assumption he did not do in person but I was in his office on several occasions and he even gave me medication. This inconsistency should not have been a reason for denial.image.thumb.jpeg.a831c523a570f9a06d03c96c765f27ec-denial.jpeg.8a62bdc69672d859a1934c97d6e871c3.jpeg

Edited by air1

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The VA sometimes can be sticklers about things like this. They might want you to have had the final evaluation in-person, not just a potentially prior appointment.

Keep in mind it might be worth it to get a letter from Dr El-Khatib stating you were seen in the office and his recommendation still stands. Submit the letter as a reconsideration and hopefully you might hear back soon. If you don't hear back within the 1 year appeal timer, convert it to a regular Notice Of Disagreement so you don't lose your effective date.

Edited by Vync

My appeal that was granted 100% at the board and sent back to the regional in December closed February 15.Permanent and total with no examinations. They also listed supplemental benefits for my children education. They mentioned DEERs also. How before Retro in bank account?

This is wonderful.  I cannot say how long until the monies are paid, they are running behind granting BVA decisions.  It might be a little while depending on how much money is to be back payed.  You should see the monthly amount go up most likely next month or the month after.