VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New round of claims timeline again

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

All,

Thought I wouldn't do this again, but it makes the time pass while waiting.  So, this will be a timeline for my new round of claims.  Maybe another Veteran can glean useful information while following my travels.

FDC Claim sent to the VA through my local CVSO.  I even got a Centralized Mail Direct Upload Confirmation number from the CVSO after I watched him send it in digits.  Gave me my original papers back. My rep is the VFW, which according to the CVSO dose not do anything for me until I need help, like with an appeal etc. I submitted 60 pages of medical records.    

1. Right Ankle Arthritis secondary to my right foot plantar fasciitis. I submitted new evidence from 3 months of physical therapy with x-ray, I had this past summer.  Also, during my last C&P for increase for my right foot plantar fasciitis, the C&P examiner was required to and did opine that I had right food arthritis and it as likely as not, and that it could be rated separately.  But no response in the big brown (white) letter regards to the arthritis, but I did not claim it and we know how that goes.

2. Left Ankle Arthritis secondary to my right foot plantar fasciitis. I submitted new evidence from 3 months of physical therapy with x-ray, I had this past summer. Diagnosed by Orthopedic Surgeon. 

3. Left Foot Plantar Fasciitis secondary to my right foot plantar fasciitis. I submitted new evidence from 3 months of physical therapy with x-ray, I had this past summer. Diagnosed by Orthopedic Surgeon. 

4. Left Achilles Tendinitis increase already service connected.  Orthopedic Surgeon recommends either surgery or stay off and not walk, etc.  I submitted new evidence from 3 months of physical therapy with x-ray, I had this past summer.

5. Irregular Heartbeats secondary to hypertension.  New condition that started two years ago. Cardiologist report and Holter monitor results showing extra beats. States my HBP is become worse.  

6. Hypertension increase already service connected. Cardiologist report states my HBP is become worse.  Here is where is raise my concern they didn't use my "pre-medication" blood pressure readings for the rating.

That's it.  I'm hoping for the best as usual.

I need two 10's or one 20, with at least one being bilateral to get to the next level. 

Just sayin,

Hamslice

Updates as they happen.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Pending Disabilities

Disability Submitted Type Actions
Hypertension 11/05/2018 INC View Pending Claim
Irregular Heartbeats 11/05/2018 NEW View Pending Claim
Rt Ankle Arthritis  11/05/2018 SEC View Pending Claim
Lt Foot Plantar Fasciitis  11/05/2018 SEC View Pending Claim
Left Ankle Achilles Tendonitis (claimed As Left Ankle Pain) 11/05/2018 INC View Pending Claim
Lt Ankle Arthritis  11/05/2018 SEC View Pending Claim

Posted today Nov 14, 2018

They changed it up a bit today.

And we moved from review to gathering of evidence.

Estimated Completion: 01/24/2019 - 03/23/2019

I also got a call earlier Tuesday afternoon from a Doctor, yes I said Doctor telling me that I will be scheduled for a C&P shortly and asked me if I have had an "echo" because they are reopening my heart.  I did tell her that I did and that the its in my VA medical record and she told me to bring it with.  This is the first time I have received a phone call regards a C&P exam, much less from a doctor.

All for now,

Hamslice

UPDATE

Went to my C&P today.  Some anomalies from past practices,

First, the examiner spent 2 hours 45 minutes and we went through all six claims until she was comfortable with what I my problem(s) were and she did go through my medical records I brought with.  It was very informative.  

Second, she did not speak ratings, however, in the case of my hypertension, she, and I agreed, that my rating would probably not change, but she did agree with me to get my evidence in the record.  Which is what I wanted.  For the future if I pursue a different angle on that issue.

Third, determined that all my claims where already SC'd (increases) or secondary and therefore I didn't have to have (prove) service connection.

Fourth, she read and is using my medical records for x-ray arthritis evidence and did not send me for x-rays, which has always been the practice in the past.  I the past, I had the exam and then I had x-rays on my way out.  

Lastly, she spent about 10 minutes max examining my feet, ankles, heart and HBP.  She did use a goniometer, however, she was very sympathetic to my ailments and did not let me extend my ROM.  In other words, she shut me down when she thought I was exerting myself and use a smaller measurement.  Basically, she stopped me at pain, where they should, but I could still move my foot some more.  So, I will be waiting to see how the ROM reading come out.  I know they will be more favorable than last time.

Anyway, this was the best C&P exam I have had yet.  I did have her before in 2012 and I think that C&P was a good one also, so there is that.

I think I will prevail in 4 out of the 6, but most likely get 3.  I will be happy with 2 if one is bilateral.  LOL..

More to come,

Hamslice

As an aside, she did go and check that my claims did not prevent me from doing my job and I did correct her and tell her that I will be unemployed as of February of 2019 as I am unable to pass the physical (exercise) exam of the police department where I am employed and she did correct that on the DQB and did state that I am unable to run and therefore unable to maintain my employment.  She did tell me to get letters from my Orthopedic Surgeon and my Cardiologist supporting that.  That may be my next move.

Edited by Hamslice
cause I can

• HadIt.com Elder

I bet it will be Ham, cross fingers for ya buddy.

was your C&P did by the VA?

I am glad to hear these exam reports are showing up on MyHealthyVet.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Ham if you get enough rating  combined  if you get at least 50/60%increase that should put you up to the 100% scheduler ,  otherwise the 20%ers increase  they will probably infer the IU , & beings you can't do your job you was trained to do you may want to appeal that and go for the 100% scheduler..I was in the same situation back in 2002 and I wish I had went for the 100% scheduler.  

Update ,

Went to Prep for Decision today,

Between the Holidays, hopefully some Christmas and/or New Years spirit gets spilled on it.......

And the completion date moved up to 1/27/2019, a three month jump.

Fastest I have ever had one move.  Not sure if its all I claimed or if some will be referred, etc.

I had a medical document(s) for everything I claimed, and some where increases, so that may tell the tale,

Time will tell,

Hamslice