VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Grant Pending ?

Rate this question

rag ft myers

Question

I am new to forum and to posting so please bare with me.

I had a BVA decision grant me 70% for adjustment disorder, they also granted TDUI back to March 3 2004.

This was a month and a half ago, I asked via chat the VA what was my status there reply BVA Grant pending. What does this mean calculating ? Pending what ?

Ebenefits shows nothing new. I am confused.

Thanks Robert

Rag ft myers, it can take a while for a grant of backpay.  Depending on the amount there may have to be multiple signatures.  Unfortunately it is another several revolutions of the hamster wheel before you get your check.  As someone reported on another thread they have been waiting eight months for their grant.  We are at the mercy of the VA even after we win our claims. 

Just wanted to share my process for those of you who may be in the legacy appeals phase or those who are just starting the process. Fight for what you deserve and never give up! If you don't have the means to fight find a VSO that will. I've been in the appeals process since 2011 and honestly there were times when I gave up only to save my sanity despite all the madness going on with the VA and records mismanagement I found it easier to completely forget about my case rather than vigilante means of justice i.e. trolling the VA in writing, contacting my congressman(woman) or media outlets. I feel like there are so many veterans who share my experience that I must shed light just to give others hope. So here we go...

Claim filed 10/2010 (PTSD)

Claim denied 04/2011 (PTSD)

NOD/VA Form 9 (took place during the required time frame)

2012 Waiting... (called the VA, no concrete answer)

2013 Waiting... (called the VA, no concrete answer)

2014 Waiting... C&P exam. VA doctor failed to give indication as to whether or not claim is service connected (user error)

2015 Waiting... (letter received certifying my case to the board)

2016 Waiting... (called the VA, no concrete answer)

2017 (letter received for board hearing 05/2017)

May, 2017 (board hearing held)

2018 Waiting... (transcribe stage then off to sit in room waiting 
for judges decision)

Aug 2018 (BVA grant letter in the mail dated 08/15/2018)

Still waiting...

Since my BVA grant thanks to an inside source at the VBA my case was made ready a week after the VARO received the BVA grant decision in which it only took the VARO an additional week to grant 100% PTSD effective 04/2011. Strangely my inside source has sent me pictures of my rating decision yet the VA reps tell me when I call there is no update as of yet. Anyway I am blessed to have won my case. Just looking to see how long the process has taken for others following a BVA grant. I do understand that my situation is unique considering my source at the VBA was able to push the button so to speak to speed up the process but I'm told for normal situations it can usually take 4-6 months for the VARO to implement a grant or even longer. The back pay amount definitely makes a difference in the timeline from what I'm told anything over 25k needs 3 signatures and a pay audit completed prior to payout.

thanks vetquest-I am glad I got the grant, but now each day I wondering about my back pay--that is driving me crazy--another 4-6 mos is mind boggling but considering it has been out there since 2004 ? I have health issues and would like to see it before the end . Funny I got ss in about 60 days--14 years ago

Do you have a terminal or possibly terminal condition?  You can request that your case be expedited if so.  Please see the following document.

http://www.benefits.va.gov/WARMS/docs/admin21/m21_1/mr/part3/subptii/ch01/M21-1MRIII_ii_1_SecD.doc

I am not sure how you apply for this but your representative should know.  Good luck and God Bless.

14 years is way too long and I hope you get every penny they owe you!!! In my case I’m looking at 8 years back pay at %100 so you can see how that can make the RO slow down and triple check to make sure everything is right before they send me an award letter showing how much I’m entitled to. It is mind boggling that it takes that time after the BVA but the best way someone put it to is the line doesn’t end just because you get a grant there are still veterans ahead of you with grants waiting on rating decisions smh.