VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

90% with back pay to 2005

Rate this topic

IraqVet

I have been fighting the VA since 2004 and they finally decided in my favor with a combined 90% rating. Perhaps now they will finally approve me for 100%. The question I had was I received "14" deposits yesterday totaling just over 50K. The best of my calculations with cola etc going back etc, I should be receiving a lot more..... ie a six figure back pay.  Does the VA now send out large chunks of you back pay on different days now? I still do not have the big brown envelope that would answer this question, but its driving me crazy not knowing.

Thanks 

David   

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You are the second vet member here in about 2 weeks who also got multiple deposits.

That has never been the VA MOS at all -usually it comes in one lump sum.

When you get the actual decision it might help figure out how they handled the claims.

They will subtract the 70% you have been getting so far-in your profile thing here.

Are you still employed?

If that 70% is for one disability , and if you were not working when the 70 came, they should have considered you for TDIU,by sending you the 21-8940 form.They might send the form now, hard to guess, and I know how difficult it can be, after fighting them for so long, to not have the decision yet.

But Congrats!  The VA does often send the cash first and that is the bank before the decision comes.

Monday of course the banks are closed for Veteran's Day I think, but you might try the bank Tuesday- maybe they sent your account some more $$$$.

They bumped me from 50% PTSD to 70% PTSD retro to 2005. They also granted me 30% for migraines retro back to 2012. I already applied for TDUI back in 2010, but they refused to address it with last appeal, but now that I am 90% combined I hope they address it. I have been on SSDI with PTSD as a disability since 2006....VA knows this. When I checked e benefits they did not approve seizure for TDIU....so perhaps they are going to pull me in for more C&P exams. I have been able to work since 2005.  

Currently 10% hypertension

30%kidney

30%migraines

70%PTSD

Dave  

Edited by IraqVet

I have been able to work since 2005.  "  Is that missing the word 'not' after 'have'    ???

"I have been on SSDI with PTSD as a disability since 2006....VA knows this."

Is the SSDI solely for PTSD? Or  is there another disability as well or more, that are NSC? 

Sorry Meant to say not able to work since 2005. SSDI was granted for PTSD as first contributing disability and back injury as second......back injury is is not service connected. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use