VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Outdated form

Rate this question

Jay1989!

Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Regulations cite that the Veteran must apply by a form prescribed by the Secretary.  In the case of TDIU, the VA is supposed to send the Veteran a form.  What are the reasons and bases, in full, in the decision?  Is that the onlly reason?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  Yes,  they closed my RAMP due to the fact that the claim was originally submitted on a outdated form.  However, the Intake Center accepted the form on 4 Jan 2018 leaving me 19 days until my year deadline.  They sent me a form to enroll in the RAMP program in February 2018.  I elected to enroll in the program March of 2018.  The higher level review officer discovered the VA's failure in their duty to assist and sent it back for them to reevaluate my claim.  They reopened my claim on 13 August, 2018.  September I went for another C&P where the doctor stated the my preexisting condition was aggravated beyond its natural progression due to my military service. On November 1. 2018 after all of that was done, they sent me the notification that my claim was denied because it was submitted on a outdated form.  Since my one year mark had passed, I would need to open a new claim or file another notice of disagreement on the decision.