VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Eligible for Medicare due to ssdi

jfrei

Question

Is it my understanding my family has to pay for this in May when I’m eligible? Is it worth it? So far it’s always been a call away to collections every time until I call ChampVA to pay each provider is that the norm? Scare the xxxx out the wives until we call after being put on hold for 45 minutes...

5 hours ago, JR Reihs said:

Keep in mind that you are the only beneficiary for Medicare, you wife can get it when she turns 65, kids are out and stuck with Champ VA. 

So wait I’m the only one eligible for Medicare not my spouse who is 33 years old and not my children who both receive dependent benefits? We have a struggle with champ va all the time we are now on the phone with the collection agency saying it’s going to effect our credit next week when I call champ they say it processed and going out wha a xxxxxxx joke 45 minutes wait to say it’s processing and the collectors don’t care what they say to me...why do they not have a website to be able to see all this like ebenefits I’m irate now when I call tomorrow the collectors calling my wife’s part time job..

Edited by jfrei

yeha just when I see things going my way I get reminded how unaware to details, I was like ok dependents benefits went thru I assumed so was Medicare for my one, four and wife . Felt so lost going to my state social services for help with purchase of care in Delaware so I can go to my 2 to 3 appointments a week. Sad the VA here doesn’t have anything other then dragging two kids into my appointments...

Edited by jfrei

9 hours ago, jfrei said:

collectors calling my wife’s part time job.. 

any collection agent who is calling your wife's job is violating the law. Tell them verbally and in writing that ALL communications are to be in writing. period. full stop. send the notices CMRRR and keep the receipts.

You might want to become familiar with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act

https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/fair-debt-collection-practices-act-text

1) tell each and every collection agent you have already spoken with, to stop calling and communicate only in writing.

2) any new contact about a new debt DON'T admit to owing squat. make them send you a complete validation of the debt, who owns it, and all documents with your signature agreeing to the debt. they don't have them but must provide complete validation of a debt when you demand it.

3)  NEVER say the word YES or anything close to it when on the phone with a collection agent. When they as you "am I speaking to xxxx" Don't say yes. demand their name, their ID, the main phone number to their company, the name and physical address of their company AND ask why they are calling your phone.

4) when they refuse any part of those things tell them you don't speak to people who fail to fully identify themselves and they need to send a letter to the person they are trying to reach. Tell them that If it turns out to be you, then you will respond to the letter when you get it. suggest they send it CMRRR. Don't give them your address or verify your address. tell them if they really had legitimate business with you about a supposed debt then they will have the address from the creditor.

5) They are recording you even if you are in a two-party state, and collection agents have been known to falsify the tape to make it sound like you affirmed the debt. These have shown up in courts where they try to get judgements instead of following the law.

6) if you don't recognize the number let it go to voice mail or to the recorder.,

7) get a google voice number, they are free, and use those for all non-family communications including the VA. I have one that my banks and credit cards get, and one that everyone not family gets and then my private paid for number that only the closest people get. The GV number records the call and transcribes it and then sends you an email. 

• HadIt.com Elder

You now get ChampVA  its for your family, call private clinic to see if they accept ChampVA Insurance  & when you use ChampVA be sure and tell the clerks at the  private clinic you use  that ChampVA does have electronic bill pay and not just snail mail...

You need to use VA For your dental work but family  you need a supplement going through ChampVA they have dental companys that give discounts to 100% veteran and  his family . Delta Insurance is who my spouse uses  but we do have to pay the supplement to use it,  its cheaper rates than the normal cost for dental insurance   the number for delta insurance is #

1-855-370-3303

Jfrei ,it would be good for you to call ChampVa Public Affairs Officer him self out of the Denver Office (Glen Johnson)   you can ask him any questions about how ChampVA works

National ChampVA # 1-800-733-8387

Edited by Buck52

Thanks I’ll ask about the payment methods this was almost as bad getting them to pay the hospital for childbirth expenses...