VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Granted

Rate this question

Armymom4

Question

Congratulations!  What did the BVA letter say?  

Generally, when the Board decides service connection, the VARO will decide a disability percentage, with an "implementing decision".  

After you get the decision, you should get some retro pay, unless the RO decides its zero percent, like my VARO did.  

They basically said that the service caused the illness that they should have approved my claim when  i filed the first time the judge was not happy with the VARO decision. If they give me 0% which i don't think that will happen but i will appeal it back to BVA and from what i read in paperwork the VARO doesn't want that to happen so i guess we will see... Thanks

The average time as told by the BVA for appeals to be processed is 4-6 months depending on the backlog. Depending on the given caseload at the RO where you claim is they could send it to another VARO for processing. Depending on how much back pay you are entitled to there will be a pay audit conducted which in some cases if you retro is over 25k will require 3 signatures which also take some time. The BVA grant to RO rating decision can be a while depending on the complexity of the claim but overall the BVA says the average time is 4-6 months. 

My situation was s full grant for one service-connected claim  so it wasn't as difficult to process

BVA Grant- 8/15/18

VARO Rating Decision- 8/27/18

Ebenefits Updated-11/11/18

Still waiting on the letter but the RO said I should receive it soon days/week maybe definitely before Dec 1st disability payment since Ebenefits already reflects the new rating so its safe to assume the letter is being sent as well as processing of the retro payment. 

GREAT News Army Mom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"They basically said that the service caused the illness that they should have approved my claim when  i filed the first time the judge was not happy with the VARO decision"....that happens to so many of us,and it is ridiculous when the ROs cant do it right the first time around.

RME vet- sometimes they deposit the cash (if they have your bank direct deposit info) before the formal letter comes.Great News for you too!

I am relieved that the VBA saw that my bipolar disorder was caused by my time in the military also it was stated several times in the ruling that the VARO shouldn't be making decision on opinions not facts. As far as ebenfits isn't showing anything yet just hope it doesn't take as long as it did to get my first rating took 2 yrs for my first claim. Also on Va.gov says speical monthly pension but not in the letter i received has anyone else have that happened If not i am just happy that they acknowledge they messed me up.

BVA 11/8/18

VARO ?

EBENFITS  ?

Edited by Armymom4