VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back 2 Steps in Claims Process

Rate this question

Super Sport

Question

Hey brother & sisters, 

I am grateful for these types of forums. I have been monitoring my ebennes claim status, and have read a few forum posts here. My claim status we from Preparation of Notification backward 2 steps to Preparation for Decision. I NEVER did see a step labeled Pending Decision Approval. Is it common to see Preparation for Notification and not to see the Pending approval part?  VA claims seem to have increased in speed over the last 5 or so years, but I have not seen the crazy movement as I have on this claim. 

Could this be any sort of sign....I am currently at 90% and am making the push for 100% for the first time. Could there be any correlation there. Are there extra approvals or anything else that I may not have witnessed in the past?

Thanks,

Mike SS

21 minutes ago, Super Sport said:

@GeekySquid @vetquest

Guys thank you for your response, it is much appreciated.  I cannot explain the obsession, other than it being a side effect of PTSD.....  My obsession told me that I needed to check eBenefits one more time  before heading to bed.  The RESULTS are in....I am now rated 100%!!!!  I have no idea yet if that means that I am P&T or if they will just label me as schedular for the time being. That I can wait on the letter for.

Your support is appreciated!

Congrats!

Go to Ebenefits in your dashboard there will be a menu to the right.

1. Click on "Your Letters" Letter Generator. 

2. Click on "Benefits Summary-Veterans Benefits"  Towards the bottom of the letter you should see if you're P&T or not.

If it's not there, give it a few days to update.

27 minutes ago, Super Sport said:

I am now rated 100%!!!!  I have no idea yet if that means that I am P&T or if they will just label me as schedular for the time being.

Congrats

what on ebennies told you 100%? just that graphic on the disabilities link? it should show all your SC and NSC conditions and what % each is.

Your AB8 letter will say if you are P&T or if you have a future review date. It may take a day or so to update but the Commissary letter, if you are P&T will say

"This total disability is considered permanent. You are not scheduled for future examinations."

the commissary letter will generate well before the BBE and even before the AB8 updates

congratd again

6 minutes ago, Super Sport said:

ell thanks again guys, looks like everything is in place for P&T based on what I see. Here is a screen shot.

congrats you are P&T.. that 4th line says it all!!  

if you didn't notice it the effective date is March 29, 2018. looks like you will get a little back pay.

20 hours ago, GeekySquid said:

congrats you are P&T.. that 4th line says it all!!  

if you didn't notice it the effective date is March 29, 2018. looks like you will get a little back pay.

@GeekySquid

Oh you better believe I noticed that!  Date corresponds to the date that I opened an Intent to File....I have been in the habit of opening one almost every year for the past couple of years.  Should have done that years ago, would have received more back pay. But in the end this 20 year journey with the VA has been a learning experience and I am grateful that the journey to having ailments recognized and properly documented has ended.

5 minutes ago, Super Sport said:

But in the end this 20 year journey with the VA has been a learning experience and I am grateful that the journey to having ailments recognized and properly documented has ended.

I am very glad for you that this resolved in your favor.

The only thing I will say is please read this blog post and consider your own experience. It may change your view of "ended". 3 and 5 may be appropriate and 6 is just better for all vets.

https://www.hadit.com/6-reasons-keep-pursuing-va-claims-appeals-reach-100/

either way, congrats and I am sure there is a nice feeling as the holiday season approaches.