VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

EED

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

So does this sound like I have an EED claim? Original award of 0% for my headaches and then increased to 50% for post traumatic headaches due to my TBI in 2018 but my TBI was in 2006. Not sure if you can fight for an EED for 2010 since the original was a grant based on CUE in 2016 of 0 percent yet the increase was dx based on my post traumatic headaches from my tBi  

Edited by jfrei

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Yes, it sounds like an eed claim.  You need to file a nod disputing the effecitve date if you have not done so already. As to whether or not it will succeed, this would take a review of your file to know.  

Its possible you can get a Fenderson (staged) rating.  

What’s a fenderson staged rating just curious? The attorneys I asked declined to take my case but I have been reached by my local VSO who is working with me now but right now we are working on my SMC case. Honesty once I meet with the VSO I can clarify everything without trying to confuse him like I do over the phone...

Edited by jfrei

To explain a "fenderson" staged rating, you would kinda need to read up on Veterans law. 

However, what a "staged rating" means is, for example:

0 percent 2006

50 percent 2010

80 percent 2012, etc, etc.  

This is based on your medical records, and what they show as your symptoms

Funny I never had  exam for just the headaches until 2018 which was a 50 the tbi reviewer always found to do them but I’m sure that 100 or the 70 with the TBI review didn’t help my headache condition by itself... especially when they also rated me my scars and lightheadedness and dizziness each at 30% each bringing me to 90% for my tbi-r since 2010. I just hope my vso will help me now he’s my only option the attorneys just turned it down I don’t really have anyone else to ask my vso is mostly focusing on my SMC claim....

Edited by jfrei