VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to get a straight answer on Grant ?

rag ft myers

After being Granted TDUI Effective March 2004 and having disability rating increased from 60% to 70% by the BVA at the beginning of of Oct, I have made 2 fruitless call to the VA 1-800-827-1000. Is there a way to get and keep getting an update on where my grant is in the finalazation process. I am almost regretting that they sent me the letter of winning on both counts. It causes alot of stress and anxiety. I would assume after going on 15 years it is going to be quite the retro. Main question though how to follow it progression or non progression. ? My grant plainly says TDUI back to March 2004 and 70% same. But the 1-800 # either doesnt know much or they won't tell you. First call they told me it was pending (RO)?

Relax.  After a BVA award letter, your claim has to be implemented by the VARO.   I guess you got the BVA letter in October, or are you speculating from ebenefits?    Typically that takes 3 months or so.  Its unlikely you can get a progress report.  Yes, I know you need the money..and probably want it before Christmas.  Maybe Santa will come early.  

Relax is easier said than done Bronco. Funny I have the VA Medical down to a science, go to 2 outside providers every week, get things done with VA with relative ease (I did say relative) but the admin /paperwork claim process is a true "Beast". I think I would rather face a fire breathing dragon. I am almost afraid to call them because I know there lack of an answer only works on my nerves. Soon to be 15 years----long time. I will try to relax.

I understand your anxiety.  Once I was given IU I had to wait until my remand was finished before I was paid.  It seems like a cruel joke that we know we have won only to wait months for the result.  You waited five years longer that I did and after that time several months seems an eternity.  It is time now to find another hobby, the time spent fighting your case now needs to be spent somewhere else.  A hobby helps ease your mind.  Good luck and let us know when your case is completed.

thanks vet quest. Here is the real kicker everything I claimed I was treated for medically while on active duty (85-99). So for this to take going on 15 years ? I know they are 2 completely different fish but I have been on SSDI since 2003 ?.

Oh well you said it correctly, now each day seems an eternity. The sooner the better for many reasons.