VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

received brown envelope from bva

Rate this question

dildayb123

Question

I received my brown envelope from the board of appeals a few days ago. I have had this appeal going since November of 2013. Inside it states that the judge approved my increase from 50 to 70 percent on my service connected disability and also approved my tdiu claim from the same time. My question is what happens now. I have read numerous threads and am getting mixed reviews. I do know it gets sent back to my regional office and such. It shows on ebenefits finally that the appeal is closed but that is it so far nothing else has changed. 

Nothing will change for a while.  Your case is sent back to the RO and they are charged with implementation.  It could be weeks but will most likely be several months, unless there is a remand.  They are not required to wait for the remand to finish but they usually do.  Just another hump to overcome.  Congratulations on your win. 

Hi,

I'm in a very similar situation.

TDUI was granted by BVA and other accompanying claims were granted in so far as service-connected, while others were basically denied or remanded.

What my most excellcent Vet attorney's case manager told me

[ on here even, they agree this team is one of the best]

Is that it does not go back to RO, since TDIU was granted.  ( that part of claim and others granted).   It goes to a different office, where my legal team now submits a date, with  evidence, the TDUI should have been paid from.

It's nothing for RO to decide. They have some kind of interim office set up now, when such is granted, to just get correct date concerning back pay.

They told me should be around 4 months or so till actual $ is sent.

My Marine husband died 2012 with open claims.  

And the biggest hug to Berta, cuz before I read her writings here, I had no idea I could, as his widow, do a thing to keep fighting, which he told me to do, on his deathbed...for his sons.

He died at 90% which basically meant nothing for me or his sons.  Even though I knew the seriousness of it all how VA kept him at 90%

I did NOT know I could substitute myself in claims till after his death and just heart-broken, I was reading other stories till I read Berta.

You will never know how much you helped me and our sons, Berta for I have no words to tell you.

He told me to fight it...the 90 percent and even he didn't know how.

I am sure he is smiling from heaven, with rays of light on Berta.  And thanking her.

Edited by 3grandkids

Congratulations!   

You should get your VARO implementation and back pay probably in 3-6 months.  Spend this time figuring out how you are gonna spend the money.  It should be fun.  

3grandkids.....Yes, I hope Berta reads your post.  Berta has been a blessing to many, including me.  Signed....8grandkids, aka Bronco

I just did read it Broncovet-

I feel God has Blessed me Thousands of times-with the ability to help veterans and their survivors.

All of that has helped me rectify my husband's death by VA.

I forgave the many VA doctors years ago- I still do not forgive a system that still allows so much malpractice to occur- and worse yet VA has taken away our FTCA, Section 1151 rights, if any vet is malpracticed on by some contracting doctor. They instead have to file in a civil court. That could become Very Costly.

As I mentioned somewhere else here today- my FTCA case only cost me 200 bucks- if that- I had no lawyer and no IMO and all I paid was for USPS mailing fees, xeroxing fees in those days, and phone calls to the OGC in DC.

I had found considerable evidence not only of malpractice at the local Bath NY VA, but evidence of a cover up by doctors at the Syracuse VAMC. My 1151 award was based on my husband's pending 1151 claim when he died.

His autopsy was the prime evidence and the RO withheld it from a C & P doctor as well as from VACO and OGC.

In my Shreddergate Testimony  for H VAC I sent them copies of 53 tracking slips  from USPS-to me VARO- 12 were for sending  the autopsy so many times- so they would consider it-the OGC considered it when I faxed it to them.

This is the BS they pull on us widows sometimes. But I always fight back. ....and God helps me do that.