VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

90% P&T??

Rate this question

abnrgr88

Question

Need advice....I was given IU 1 year ago with a 90% overall rating. I was told i would be having a appointment just this past Oct. Oct came and went. No appt. The appt was to revisit 30% pes planus rating from 4 years ago. Just received a decision packet stating my family is now eligible for ch. 35. also, i was given permanent and total status. wow, i was not expecting that. Does this mean i keep being paid at 100%, remain IU, at a 90% overall? has anyone heard of something like this? I met with VSO today and was given a packet for CHAMPVA. They said because i am now P&T my family qualifies?? thanks

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

abnrgr88

I agree with Vetquest

If your thinking that the 30% you could get for your  pes planus rating to be combined with your 90% IU rating  if your trying for 100% scheduler and make the IU MOOT you would need a strong 50% rating for this.  even at 90% combined a veteran would need another 50% or higher to meet the 100%  rating criteria.

And yes if you were awarded P&T then that makes you eligible for other benefits above the 100% only rating.  like chapter 35 ChampVA and the 10.000 paid life insurance  and the property tax exemption  so take advantage of all these benefits

This is Wonderful News!

I have used Chapter 35 DEA to finish my degree and also CHAMPVA- 2 GREAT benefits for family members and survivors.

If you go in ebenefits and go to letter generated you should be able to see what benefit your recieving and it will say if it’s P and T. I actually used that to get my ID card at the local national guard base here in DE. When you get your ID you get to enter your family back in the deers system so they can use ChampVA if it’s needed.  I’m still new to the ChampVA thing but someone can correct me but if you have insurance they need to be used as a secondary to pay anything else your primary doesn’t.

Edited by jfrei

Congratulations Abnrgr

Not to go on the rant on someone else’s thread but what is the point of being 90 IU PT why wouldn’t they just bump it to the 100% P and T. Wouldn’t it be that if it’s P and T severe it would’ve been rated at 100% scheduler ? I mean that’s why when I was the same thing I filed for an increase and eighth months later it was made the IU moot and it was then made 100% scheduler P and T not sure it makes a difference or an option for you to try if you feel like you’ve been lowballed I would...

Edited by jfrei