VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

tidlywinky

Rate this question

Poopsy Woopsy

Question

my husband was 70% PTSD with GAF score of 50% Viet Nam Vet.. He was killed by the VA 41/2 years ago, and so I receive Pension on those grounds.

But before "They killed him"  we had 3 claims pending:

Agent orange (needed to prove in contiguous waters) They are denying AO because he was on a ship and a "Secret Mission" so very hard to get verification. (waiting on C-Files).

Aid and Attendance : ( I took care of him for several years)  A&A : Outright denial.. He was on oxygen, 80 pills a day and 5 shots a day.. I also have recorded (from another non VA hospital.. he could not take care of any daily activities.  So why the denial.. We were denied twice before he died.

TDIU : back pay since (at least) PTSD rating. Beyond, because of Gross negligence on the part of the VA (Not including conceeding his death) which has all been very well documented. 

WHAT I NEED TO DO NOW IS!! figure out how to remove an old Social Security claim. (back trouble, of which he was receiving care for at the Va) but it should not "Supersede"  his claim for TDIU.. (of which we had not been receiving any monies for, for a very long time. I don't know how to move forward.  How would I get it removed or make the VA not use the SSI to deny his Unemployability claim???

I don't think going to SS office would be beneficial because it has been a "Mute" point with them for a long time.. So I am assuming it would lie somewhere within the VA system. BUT WHERE?? WHO?? and HOW?? 

Buck, I am not sure I can help her at all.

We need to see the denials and the Evidence list.

Also I hope Poopsy Wootsy has a copy of his SMRs, 

https://www.archives.gov/veterans

Also I suggest she request a copy of his NAV 201 file.

It could have some support for the "secret mission" and/or destination data.

Also his medals, and  decorations could reflect  a lot of info.

Most of the secret SOG vets got the Presidental Unit Citation, on their DD 214s and not much more than that-to indicate "secret" incountry service but if he has the PUC and a copy of the citation ( I found the citation for my husband's PUC on line) it would prove service in Vietnam.

The citations for any vet with a PUC can be found on line with their full military unit designation and basic dates of when they did what earned them the PUC Presidental Unit Citation.

Also SOG and special ops vets have web sites. Their missions were declassified long ago.

Also within his 201 Personnel file, it would indicate any special training/schooling   he got for the " secret" mission. We dont even know his MOS.

But  we need to see why VA denied.

However 

I think I get what is going on here.   YOu said "a and a" was denied.  There is VA pension (which can include pension a and a).    This is a needs based program  but only if he served in wartime.  If you make more than about 11,000 per year your pension is zero.   If you make 5000 per year, then your pension would be about 6000, so that your income would combine to 11,000 per year (the poverty level).  

Social security "counts" toward your income .

I thought this widow was on DIC because she said ;

"I was awarded DIC, as it was an easy case having a letter from an outside cardiologist stating the reason he died was neglect on the VA's part."   This sounds like 1151 but appears to be a direct SC DIC award.

there is more to this here: going back to April 2017-

https://community.hadit.com/search/?q=Poopsy Woopsy

I would have to read all the past posts again to see why she is tryin to prove Boots on Ground- dont have time now-

and I hope she realizes VA and hadit gets "secret mission"stuff from time to time. 

My questions on that to her have gone unanswered. But the suggestions I made would possibly bring more info to light on that.

It appears the vet claimed a helo picked him up from a ship and brought him to Vietnam.And then extracted him at some point back to the same ship. That means the ship might well have been in contigious waters but also an AO ship.

I believe I gave her the AO ships list here twice in the other posts.

We really do not have any of the info we need to opine on any of this.