VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VAMC misdiagnosis: Almost had wrong surgery!

Vync

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Imagine the VA almost performing the wrong kind of surgery to resolve abdominal pain. After a couple of ultrasounds, a CT scan, and an MRI scan, the VA was eager and ready to dive into my urinary tract and perform surgery. The VA diagnosed me with a kidney stone too large to pass on its own. At the pre-surgical appointment, the VA-contracted urologist looked at the imaging and determined it is not a kidney stone. He showed me on the image and pointed to a the VA radiologist's note indicating I needed a CT scan "with contrast" to figure out what might be growing in there. VA doctor's missed it. :ohmy:

GEEZ-----I  think  this happens more then we know-

And with so many VA doctors who are 'not' real VA doctors ( many on contracts) that means vets have lost the legal ability to file 1151 claims, in many future cases with 1151 potential.... if the doctor is not a real VA employee.

This is what the Tally case is all about-available here under a search.

He filed FTCA. There was no doubt the VA had mapracticed on him.

It took VA 8 months to find out the malpracticing doctor was not a VA employee- but under a contract with a contracting firm.

Tally's SOL ran out , during the 8 months and he could not file in District court.

I told his lawyer the VA was full of crap- it took me mere minutes to get lists of their contracting doctors-they change it every moNth or so, because the contracting docs move around sometimes at the VA-

the lawyer then mailed me he could not find the doctor on ANY list at all.

Maybe they were not even a doctor- ???? Nothing would surprise me at all.

• HadIt.com Elder

Dang Vync  they could have really messed you up...

This Kind of thing  makes me not trust these VA Dr's   but unfortunate this is my only health care  I can't afford an extra health policy  other than medicare  which I have  and have the option to receive private care.

I dread it if I do need private care  the astronomical  effect on my pocket book.

Its been running very low these last few years.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

This is not the first time something like this has happened. A VA doc said I needed to have open heart surgery, but I demanded a second opinion and it proved him wrong. Scary...

Guys, the VA once diagnosed my with Kaposi's Sarcoma and AIDS.  This was after a capillary sarcoma was removed from my leg.  They brought in a bunch of doctors in training and had them search my entire body for more, very embarrassing.  They told me if I was not fooling around on my wife then she was fooling around on me.  They then lost all of my records and the biopsy.  My private doctor said they would not know AIDS if they had it themselves.  It left a very bad taste in my mouth.

• 2 months later...
On 11/20/2018 at 10:07 AM, vetquest said:

Guys, the VA once diagnosed my with Kaposi's Sarcoma and AIDS.  This was after a capillary sarcoma was removed from my leg.  They brought in a bunch of doctors in training and had them search my entire body for more, very embarrassing.  They told me if I was not fooling around on my wife then she was fooling around on me.  They then lost all of my records and the biopsy.  My private doctor said they would not know AIDS if they had it themselves.  It left a very bad taste in my mouth.

I just noticed this thread.., I was also labeled as having aids and they tested me and said I didn't it was a mistake, but the VA kept re-entering it into my records, so over many years I kept having to be 're'-tested, and they kept changing my diagnosis to other diseases not the ones I have, and I had to keep asking them to correct these crazy unconscionable errors... this stuff went on for ages and continues,,,, so whenever I went for help or appointment II was greeted by a nurse of doctor talking to me about diseases I never had. Or they would write down a disease that was much lesser and not near as serious version, and place it in my records, one something is in your records good luck on a correction.