• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Berta

AO and HBP New Study

Question

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2018/11/19/new-research-could-lead-to-disability-benefits-for-vietnam-veterans-with-high-blood-pressure/

and 

https://www.stripes.com/news/new-review-finds-sufficient-evidence-linking-hypertension-to-agent-orange-exposure-1.557253

Did anyone here follow my past suggestion to write to former Secretary Shulkin on the potential new presumptives from the last study?

I recently received a letter from the VBA- due to my letter to Shulkin- and would like to know if you also received the same type of reply. 

This is good news, in the fact that they have not forgotten the past reports from IOM/NAM.

Maybe AO vets with IHD ( that can also lead to other potential disabilities, such as stroke) will be willing to read the studies and ask VA to act on this news- hopefully, in their lifetimes.

3 answers to this question

And/Or maybe POTUS will-

the contact info for snail mail for Sec.Wilkie and POTUS is here under a search.

More info:

Researchers announced on Thursday that they had discovered sufficient evidence linking monoclonal gammopathy to Agent Orange exposure, in addition to hypertension implications.”

https://sputniknews.com/military/201811211069983519-Researchers-New-Complications-Agent-Orange/

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mgus/symptoms-causes/syc-20352362

If the VA ever adds anymore AO presumptives, it will be the Last time they will do that.

I am writing my letters to them today-

but as a civilian, I think they would be more nterested in letters from AO exposed veterans.

If HBP pre dates any IHD , stroke, or DMII awards- and is isted as HBP NSC-in any past rating- AND if Footnote One-Nehmer  kicks in on this as well-

MANY incountry AO veterans have a chance for more AO retro-due to the HBP-

Also this could change everything for any AO exposed veteran without any established  presumptive disabilties, now-to get a potential retro award ( depending on Nehmer and Footnote One.)

Many of you have had HBP in your Med recs , deemed as " essential" HBP- that means medically that there was no known cause for the HBP.

If this HBP presumptive flies- and you were  an incountry Vietnam-the "essential" HBP  BS that has denied claims n the past for SC,

now has a cause.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This would possibly change my pending issues with VA -

I was awarded a posthumous rating for my husband's 1151 HBP. The VA said I got enough mney already and was paid no retro on that. OGC Pres Op 08-97- developed the same year I proved hisHBP was mapracticed on, clearly states a veteran , under 1151 nust reeive ALL payments under 1151, regardless of any other SC awards, as it is a "congressional intent".

No one has ever used this Pres Op or challenged the VA with it before.

It apeared Nehmer used it for 6 months of my 1151 100% stroke award, but then failed to consider it for the 6 month residual award.

Also the director of my VARO- in 2 phone calls to me- tried to get me to believe  my husand's 1151 stroke, (by ignoring ALL evidence I had sent to them to prove this) was total but not Permanant when he died.

Every veteran who dies with a 100% SC in place, for one sole disability will be declared 100% P & T when they die. This was not an issue when VA awarded posthuously my husband 100%  & T when he died - for PTSD.

And this is the crap they can pull on any survivor. So get the spouse up to speed on DIC regulations.

I mentoned somewhere here the other day- hearing from a friend from the older hadit board.

He has had a hell of a time with the same VARO I have and has reported his concerns over their director to the OIG, among others as I did in my recent WH Hot line complaint.

Like me he is fully versed in VA case law, but also like me, it seems we are the types of claimants they crap on.

He and I  have cost them too much money-he has done very well in spite of the Buffalo VARO's incompetence.   and we both will NEVER Give Up on getting what established VA case law says we should be awarded.

I cant wait for the OAWP to resolve my pending issues with them-then I can focus on my 2 decades of RO BS from their Director and file another OAWP complaint....on her.

President Donald J. Trump

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania  Avenue NW

Washington, DC. 20500

----------------------------------------------

Secretary Robert L. Wilkie

Veterans Administration

810 Vermont Avenue

Washington, DC 20420

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And why not give the VFW some support:

B.J. Lawrence, National Commander

VFW National Headquarters

406 W. 34th Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64111

------------------------------------------------------------------------