VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Menieres Syndrome Fully Developed Claim

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

I have a C&P exam scheduled next week with LHI.

The person scheduled to examine me has no background in vestibular disorders, or audiology.

She is  a Nurse Practitioner

This exam is the VA going through the motions of having to provide a C&P exam under their duty to assist.

In reality, the VA is paying someone(unqualified) to say what is necessary to deny service connection.

I am seriously considering not even bothering to going to this C&P exam.

Would it be better to let the VA deny my fully developed claim for this chronic condition and take the fight to the BVA?

Or should I contact LHI and request a different examiner?

I'm thinking by doing this it will reduce the number of negative opinions I will have to rebut on appeal.

Edited by 63Charlie

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I called LHI and requested a qualified examiner, such as an ENT, or Audiologist.

The schedulers were off for the holiday and I will be in contact with them Monday.

If you DO NOT go to your C&P,  your claim will most likely be denied.  It is not up to you as to whether or not the examiner is qualified or not.  I would go regardless if it was me...

• HadIt.com Elder

63 CHARLIE

I Agree with the other here  you need to go to your C&P Exam  do not cancel it  they are hard to get as it is..so what if the Examiner is a NP.

They picked her to do this exam  so wait and see what she says during the exam and see what she marks the X for ?

she maybe very favorable to your condition your claiming..if not then its time to Appeal or request another C&P with a more qualified Dr.

• HadIt.com Elder

63 charlie quote

''In reality, the VA is paying someone(unqualified) to say what is necessary to deny service connection.''

This is what your thinking ,

don't think of something that may not happen! wait and see what she says,  your putting the cart before the horse. you don't know what she is going to do until the exam.

If you have your evidence to prove your claim bring it to the C&P if the examiner don't touch on it or mention it you bring it up..or let this examiner know you have your evidence with you if he/she don't have it in computer before them.

Ask questions if you think this examiner is not doing the exam correctly or hitting on what counts   your evidence.

Just listen and answer the questions the best you can be honest...if you feel the examiner is not asking about your disability /condition...then ask Dr did you read the part of my evidence as to what Dr Smith mention about my**** and the Dr Opinion   ect,,,ect,,  if you did not read that or see?  it  ?   

I have the medical records here with me, I usually just carry my records with me at special times like this exam just in case the VA don't sent all my records to be read...this has happen to me before  so I am well aware things like this happens  and I want to be prepared for it,....> you can say this last part if you want to or feel you need too.  just don't be cocky or rude that will get you no where.