VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just took my C&P Exams

Rate this question

Johhny_Drama

Question

First off, Happy Thanksgiving to all brothers and sisters out there.

I just took 3 c&p exams at a VA medical facility 20Nov. I had to take a hearing test and even though i had just taken one last month, they had me do it again. I have that constant buzz in my ears (12B) but I can hear ok so I'm not sure if I will get compensated but I told the doctor I have this sort of buzz sound, I talk louder than most and i have the TV up loud as it drowns it out. No clue if that will be a denial.

Second, I had a PTSD exam. I have avoided this for the past 8 years. I didn't want to talk about this to some doc but after having buddies and reading on some of these sites, I decided to put in a claim and simply see what would happen. I am adding this as to I am not sure what rating to expect. I wanted to list what all I said to see if others have this same issue, or mentioned this. Plus it is a lot easier to mention this on this forum than it was to a stranger doctor on a monitor (we did all of this by VTC) which was very weird.

I can not take public transportation, I will go into panic / anxiety attacks if I were to ride a metro or a bus. I have the typical nightmares and end up loosing a lot of sleep as i am up 5 times a night. I might hit a bump in the road and will have a flashback of hitting a dirt mound in Iraq or see something and all of a sudden it triggers something from the past. I come out fine, I just seem to space out and think etc, I get triggered with sudden loud sounds, I have habits of doing a quick security check in my place- check closets, bedrooms, etc , my social life is not the same as I want to be with my dog and not around lots of people and dating etc is just not in the cards right now, failed marriage, work life is good, I love what I do and that is not a concern as the rest of what is mentioned. I am not on medication and i have not seen anyone besides a few folks but nothing to show the VA. So based on this, not sure what sort of rating this would be. Any guesses would be nice.

Sleep Apnea- I have had headaches and reported this since getting out, however I have not recvd any rating. I never knew what sleep apnea was but my ex wife, old roommate, and mother all witnessed me at some point snoring and gasping and stop breathing during sleep. I finally took a sleep study and my study said something like I stop breathing more than 97 times an hour. I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and I have sent in letters from people that knew and this started a year before I got out of the Army. I think this is why I had such bad headaches and I also blame PTSD for this too. Either way, I showed the doctor the test results and they did what they do. I also made sure to upload this to my ebenfits months ago see the docs are there. I am not sure why they would not keep this and enter as well. Not sure if this will be denied.

IBS/Stomach issues- I had a upper gi done and have gastritous, acid reflux and think this is do to nerves. I did not have a lot of doc visits for this but did have a recent one that i provided plus a upper gi test that was done. I am getting another one soon as its been over 5 years. I usually treat with over the counter stuff that limits the acid and watch what i eat etc. Not sure if this will be denied.

If anyone can relate to this, please let me know. I know everyone is different. I had feet at 30 percent and was told if i am told that i need inserts then they will increase. I have headaches at zero percent, that is a real headache in its self as i suffer from this and it seems like they need me to see a doc to be put on pills etc to show that i have this as a reoccurring issue.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Just be sure to start your appeals on time if you do not get everything you want.  I say have the NOD format ready to fill out and send it in via certified mail/return receipt.  Filing claims is a learning process.  Don't accept low ball ratings or denials without appealing.  I made that mistake many years ago and it cost me many thousands of dollars I am sure.