VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Notification Sent

Rate this question

krooks

Question

Hello everyone,

I am a long time reader but first time poster. I have been working on my husband's claim and have a question.

The claim was moved to " decision notification sent" yesterday and from what I have been reading I know the timeline for the BBE is all across the board. Last night the disibilities we claimed all showed up under the disability section of ebenefits but they are listed as non-service connected with no rating and no effective date listed. They also do not have an effective date listed.

Does this mean he was denied or could it just be ebenefits has not updated? His benefits letters have not changed.

Thank you everyone for all your insight!

Edited by krooks

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The same thing happened to me on Saturday but today my disabilities and percentages have been updated.  Now my status is listed as decision notification sent and my benefits letter shows an updated monthly benefits amount.  You may want to go check E-benefits.  Now I just have to wait for the letter and my to find out about my backpay.

Good luck!

36 minutes ago, fbeamon said:

The same thing happened to me on Saturday but today my disabilities and percentages have been updated.  Now my status is listed as decision notification sent and my benefits letter shows an updated monthly benefits amount.  You may want to go check E-benefits.  Now I just have to wait for the letter and my to find out about my backpay.

Good luck!

Thank you, fbeamon. Congratulations on the completion of your claim and I wish  you luck with your backpay! Nothing has changed on my ebenfits yet but that gives me hope that it may be updated today.  

Sleep apnea: not service connected (which we assumed would happen)

IBS: not diagnosed in VA medical file (it was listed as Colitis) 

IU: did not meet criteria- we needed one of the other two disabilities to be approved in order to reach the criteria for this