VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

MDMA therapy PTSD cure?

Rate this question

kent101

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The findings of this study in veterans with war-related trauma will be compared to the findings from our flagship pilot study of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD, which consisted primarily of women survivors of sexual abuse and assault. Previous studies suggest that war-related PTSD may be more prevalent and harder to cure than PTSD caused by other types of trauma, and this study may help establish the relationship between trauma etiology and treatment efficacy. 

I am not sure they use this type therapy at my VAMC  MH Clinic?

if they do its probably more for the MST Veterans or for the female...depending on the trauma that caused the condition?

I'll ask my therapist on my next CPT Session Thursday 11/29/ 18

I cannot see them curing my PTSD.  My stressor is weather in excess of 85-90 degrees, stupid but it is what it is.  I can function but I get distracted and have chest pains.  I would love to be over this but I also cannot see myself experimenting with a dangerous drug.

They have been talking about a cure for PTSD since that diagnosis was changed.  (It was formerly called "shell shock" and a few others.) . 

They have done both autopsies, and brain scans of living PTSD patients.  Both show a significant "brain change" that is physical.  That is, the brain is altered.  They will cure PTSD when they cure other nuerological disorders, such as parapalegia.  

Its all talk.  However, I personally welcome a "cure".    I would much rather be healed and no longer eligible for disability compensation.  If there are any 25 year olds out there who would like to trade me their healthy mind and body, for my disability comp, please have them call me.  

Years ago, my father said he would give me everything he owned to be my age again.  At first I thought, "Sure, bring it on", but, after thinking a little more carefully, its never a good idea to "sell" your health for any price.  You can get more money, but not your health back.  

What could you do with your "new found money", if your health ws too bad to even spend it?  Go to a nursing home, sometime, which will be literally "littered" with worn out bodies at least some of whom are very wealthy.  You should understand it then.  

Edited by broncovet

On 11/25/2018 at 8:08 AM, Buck52 said:

The findings of this study in veterans with war-related trauma will be compared to the findings from our flagship pilot study of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD, which consisted primarily of women survivors of sexual abuse and assault. Previous studies suggest that war-related PTSD may be more prevalent and harder to cure than PTSD caused by other types of trauma, and this study may help establish the relationship between trauma etiology and treatment efficacy. 

I am not sure they use this type therapy at my VAMC  MH Clinic?

if they do its probably more for the MST Veterans or for the female...depending on the trauma that caused the condition?

I'll ask my therapist on my next CPT Session Thursday 11/29/ 18

MDMA looks dangerous.

Edited by kent101

On 11/25/2018 at 3:12 PM, broncovet said:

They have been talking about a cure for PTSD since that diagnosis was changed.  (It was formerly called "shell shock" and a few others.) . 

They have done both autopsies, and brain scans of living PTSD patients.  Both show a significant "brain change" that is physical.  That is, the brain is altered.  They will cure PTSD when they cure other nuerological disorders, such as parapalegia.  

Its all talk.  However, I personally welcome a "cure".    I would much rather be healed and no longer eligible for disability compensation.  If there are any 25 year olds out there who would like to trade me their healthy mind and body, for my disability comp, please have them call me.  

Years ago, my father said he would give me everything he owned to be my age again.  At first I thought, "Sure, bring it on", but, after thinking a little more carefully, its never a good idea to "sell" your health for any price.  You can get more money, but not your health back.  

What could you do with your "new found money", if your health ws too bad to even spend it?  Go to a nursing home, sometime, which will be literally "littered" with worn out bodies at least some of whom are very wealthy.  You should understand it then.  

MDMA is still in testing.

Edited by kent101

• HadIt.com Elder

I think (just my opinion) they think they find a cure and say things like ''Improvement''...to me that is totally BS ,its what they want to think and gives them a feather in their cap '' so -to-speak''

I mean if a Veteran has been in therapy for a pretty good length of time say 8 weeks..the therapist takes what the veteran tells them and miss - construes it like for example  A Veteran may say ...I was able to make here today  ok and on time, Or A Veteran stop me and ask me for a lite (cigarette ) I said no I don't smoke  ect,,ect,, ok to the therapist this is an improvement simply because the Veteran spoke to me and I spoke back...what  a crock  ...We have to communicate   that don't mean were cured or shown an improvement.

Most of us are quiet stay off to our self...it is just what it is  so when we speak  they think we have improved, I told my therapist the other day  When I went out front to the street at my house to check the mail in the street mail box  my neighbor came out about the same time...I was reluctant to keep walking to the mail box but I did and the whole time my anxiety started to flare up...I had my back to the neighbor and was hoping she never talked to me...I went back inside had to take my anxiety meds...shaking and  just down right in full blown anxiety...the therapist said wow really  what an improvement you have made?? I just don't see that how that's an improvement.??