VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

MDMA therapy PTSD cure?

Rate this question

kent101

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

On 11/24/2018 at 5:42 PM, kent101 said:

MDMA "possibly" can cure PTSD

This is the street drug ecstasy. it is a schedule 1 drug meaning it has no medical uses according to the U.S. government.

If you don't know what it does is it lowers inhibitions and makes people "friendly" in ways they normally aren't...okay read that as jumping into bed with the nearest willing body. there is no such thing as a low dose of MDMA, if the dose is not strong enough it just doesn't do anything at all. However it is possible to OD on MDMA.

I really want to hear Mitch McConnell declare that all vets should get ecstasy to cure their PTSD...that will go over like a fart in church.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the VA feeds us a lot of Drugs that has ''not'' been approved by FDA.

And they are kicking back the Narcotic Drugs especially #2 if you don't let your PCP know how you manage a Narcotic Drug...and PCP  gives you an unexpected urine test & you fail or have to much of the drug in your system ect,,ect,,,  they can and will take you off of it  cold turkey  why? I don't know why?   when they are the ones that prescribe it to us...I think the DEA has their fingers in all this crap...

they say its because some veterans abuse the drug them self or stock pile and sell it on the streets   and we all take the blame.

As for as this MDMA My VA Therapist has never heard about VA using it  she heard of the drug but never thought the VA would be using it.?? 

if its in a study for the VA  to Use  that don't necessary mean the VA will start using it.

Edited by Buck52

3 hours ago, Buck52 said:

if its in a study for the VA  to Use  that don't necessary mean the VA will start using it. 

Just look at how long and how much social change had to happen before Pot, another Schedule 1 drug, was allowed to be actually tested and studied. I would have serious doubts that ecstasy has been authorized for a VA study. Note that the existing MDMA studies are all from the UK.