VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recent VA Appeal

Rate this question

TMannfish

Question

Hi, I'm new here.  I just completed my VA appeal in front of the law judge last week.  I'm 90% on a service connected back injury, trying to get IU and a new rating for PTSD.  The judge seemed to be satisfied with the new evidence on my back injury, but she requested a Nexus letter for the PTSD.  Unfortunately  my VA psychiatrist left in 2017 so I have an appointment to meet with my VA primary care MD this coming week to see if he will give me at least a Nexus statement stating " more likely than not " that my PTSD is due to my combat history.  

With so much emphasis being put on this Nexus statement, I also had my neurosurgeon add to his last supporting letter for my appeal the statement  " more likely than not " that my chronic spine condition is related to my service connected injury to better my chances on IU.  

My question is this... Since I have only a statement and not the Nexus letter format, will this still be acceptable with the VA law judge??

Thanks for any thoughts... 

TMannfish

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

some times the Veteran R.O. Will not have the Veterans C-file  & if he goes without an appointment or calling to make sure his C-file is even there  and its not  he just made a needless trip

i hope you are not reading my post as if I am arguing to NOT make an appointment first. that is not my intent.

As for the C-file not being at the RO, I am not addressing his C-file. I am talking about his VA treatment records and the  C&P package. It is his VA shrink that moved on. This part has nothing to do with the C-file.

. If you are registered with the RO your VMBS records are transferred there. My Healthy Vet only shows us the last 3 years but in the VBMS at the RO the entire thing is available all the way back to the stone age if you have been with the VA that long.But again I am only referring to the VA treatment records.

The C&P package is in his VBMS record. AT some point it is also transferred to the Archive. I have no idea how long after being in the VBMS that transfer takes place.

no matter how you cut it, getting the C&P package from the RO is the quickest option.

• HadIt.com Elder

GeekySquid

I disagree with you but

I have no further comments on this.

Thanks Everyone!

Edited by Buck52