VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Verify Employment VIA the worknumber. HELP!

Rate this question

BigDrewskii

Question

I've run into an issue verifying my employment with Speedway. As you all know, the VA is requesting that my employer fill out VA FOrm 21-4192 Request For Employment Information.
When I contacted the Employee Information line, they pointed me to the worknumber.
I contacted the worknumber and are telling me this.

Speedway will not disclose any employment information, it must be done through the worknumber.

These instructions apply if you want someone to verify your employment only (no income).

Provide your verifier with your Social Security Number and the name of your employer.

Tell your verifier to visit www.theworknumber.com and register inside the verifier area.

When I check out the verifier location of the site, it's asking the employer to pay 40bucks to verify my information.
I can't seem to find a way for the worknumber to fill out this simple piece of paper.

I'm not sure what the implications would be if I do not send in this form to ebenifits withing the 30day deadline

Any help or information would be great!
Thanks.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I have been through all that...thru "the work number" about 10 years ago.  

My suggestion:  Go ahead and have Va send the form to THE SPEEDWAY you worked at.  

It may go back to VA and that is good.  Or, your supervisor may feel sorry for you fill it out and sign it anway.  

Regardless, the VA wont deny your tdiu based solely on your employers unwillingnes/inability to send the form back.  You will still need a statement from your doctor that you are unable to work due to sc conditions, and a favorable voc rehab assessment is also a great idea.   

Dont sweat it, just "do all you can do", because:

All you can do is all you can do.  

But thats enough.  

42 minutes ago, broncovet said:

I have been through all that...thru "the work number" about 10 years ago.  

My suggestion:  Go ahead and have Va send the form to THE SPEEDWAY you worked at.  

It may go back to VA and that is good.  Or, your supervisor may feel sorry for you fill it out and sign it anway.  

Regardless, the VA wont deny your tdiu based solely on your employers unwillingnes/inability to send the form back.  You will still need a statement from your doctor that you are unable to work due to sc conditions, and a favorable voc rehab assessment is also a great idea.   

Dont sweat it, just "do all you can do", because:

All you can do is all you can do.  

But thats enough.  

What is VOC rehab and what how would I go about getting an assessment?

Getting a statement from my doctor shouldn't be an issue, In what manner would be best in submitting the statement?
My UI claim is primarily for PTSD, Tinnitus, Bum knee, Anxiety, Tourettes and Seizures. All of which are SC.

Thanks!