VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why RAMP is not living up to expectations (Just my newbee 2 cents)

Rate this question

firedog974

Question

Hi all, 

New here, but want to share my experience with RAMP.  I came here looking for advice/ info/ direction, and it looks like some of you have had similar experiences with RAMP as I have had so far.  I have been in an appeal for almost 3 years now, I elected a DRO review.  During my appeal, I made contact with an old platoon mate who agreed to write a buddy letter on my behalf.    Since this was considered "new" evidence, the lawyers' office helping me said I should opt into RAMP as I now have new evidence.  I took their advice and went the RAMP route.  The VA received my RAMP package Aug 2018. Since then, nothing has changed.  When I call, they simply tell me my RAMP paperwork has been received but not processed.  I have been told, "I'm sending this to my supervisor to get resolved" only to call the next week to see nothing has changed.  While I understand I am well below their 125 day "approximate" window, I am at 90 days, making 125 seem impossible since I'm not even in the RAMP system.  This is typical VA in my opinion..... "it will be done in 125 days!"..... but it will take you 180 days to get into the system.  I'm pissed and think I should have stuck with my DRO review.  Maybe my experience is out of the norm, or maybe this is the latest trend in the VA lies....  Any input is appreciated. If I'm off base, please let me know.  I'm just in a world of pissed off right now,....

There are always, "what if's".  Where you are at today is a conglomerate of many choices you made when younger.  I dont suggest you go to "what if's", as it isnt gonna be productive. 

Like yourself, I considered and opted into Ramp, against the advice of my attorney in August 2018.  

If I had to chose again, I would do it the same way.  The choice is clear:

a) Spend 3 years at the VARO where they do a meaningless SOC, and "certify" your claim to the board.

b) Skip that nonsense have a supplemental claim, then its on to the BVA.  

Why do I need a senior VARO person "certify" my claim to the BVA when that takes 3 years ?  

Will VA get your claim done in 125 days?  Maybe or maybe not.  Still, I would rather they miss the 125 day mark by 50 percent than to sit at the RO for 3 years waiting to be "certified" to the board.  

I suggest you make a careful decision, then not second guess your decision.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I can only imagine they are starting to have a back log in RAMP? Maybe not?

but if you just opt to RAMP Back in Aug 2018   you still have a few days before the 125 promise dates  but these dates may take longer than the 125 days  it just depends on how many claims they recieved before you opt in RAMP  Some Veterans claims go faster than others  I am not sure why  maybe its the nature of the claim its self?  and/or  what lane you choose when you Opt in RAMP.

On 11/27/2018 at 7:38 AM, broncovet said:

There are always, "what if's".  Where you are at today is a conglomerate of many choices you made when younger.  I dont suggest you go to "what if's", as it isnt gonna be productive. 

Like yourself, I considered and opted into Ramp, against the advice of my attorney in August 2018.  

If I had to chose again, I would do it the same way.  The choice is clear:

a) Spend 3 years at the VARO where they do a meaningless SOC, and "certify" your claim to the board.

b) Skip that nonsense have a supplemental claim, then its on to the BVA.  

Why do I need a senior VARO person "certify" my claim to the BVA when that takes 3 years ?  

Will VA get your claim done in 125 days?  Maybe or maybe not.  Still, I would rather they miss the 125 day mark by 50 percent than to sit at the RO for 3 years waiting to be "certified" to the board.  

I suggest you make a careful decision, then not second guess your decision.  

I appreciate the advice, but it sure is hard not to second guess things especially the way this is going.  Finally, yesterday, it shows my appeal has been moved to RAMP (88 days total just to get into RAMP).  Unfortunately it shows an estimated completion date of March 2020.  I am hoping that is wrong, but the 1800# was no help on giving any info on that.  With now 90 days into it, I don't see this getting done anywhere near 125 days. We shall see....

As far as I know, you can not "un ramp" once you have opted in.  You CAN change from supplemental claim lane to higher level review, or vice versa.  

This puts this into the category of "accepting things you can not change" in the Serenity prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can; 
and wisdom to know the difference.

Well put! I am on day 169 today with a scheduled completion date of February 3rd. 

I believe I got kicked back to the supplemental lane since they let me submit more evidence that I was waiting on before my deadline to opt into RAMP. I think this is why it is taking a bit longer. nonetheless patience is important. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use