VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why RAMP is not living up to expectations (Just my newbee 2 cents)

Rate this question

firedog974

Question

Hi all, 

New here, but want to share my experience with RAMP.  I came here looking for advice/ info/ direction, and it looks like some of you have had similar experiences with RAMP as I have had so far.  I have been in an appeal for almost 3 years now, I elected a DRO review.  During my appeal, I made contact with an old platoon mate who agreed to write a buddy letter on my behalf.    Since this was considered "new" evidence, the lawyers' office helping me said I should opt into RAMP as I now have new evidence.  I took their advice and went the RAMP route.  The VA received my RAMP package Aug 2018. Since then, nothing has changed.  When I call, they simply tell me my RAMP paperwork has been received but not processed.  I have been told, "I'm sending this to my supervisor to get resolved" only to call the next week to see nothing has changed.  While I understand I am well below their 125 day "approximate" window, I am at 90 days, making 125 seem impossible since I'm not even in the RAMP system.  This is typical VA in my opinion..... "it will be done in 125 days!"..... but it will take you 180 days to get into the system.  I'm pissed and think I should have stuck with my DRO review.  Maybe my experience is out of the norm, or maybe this is the latest trend in the VA lies....  Any input is appreciated. If I'm off base, please let me know.  I'm just in a world of pissed off right now,....

On 12/3/2018 at 5:31 AM, killemall said:

I'm on day 183 with an estimated closing day of March 3rd.  Still better than 5 years in the legacy appeal system

With me being nearly 3 years into an appeal, and an estimated completion date for RAMP of March 2020, I don’t see how this has helped at all. I’ll still be over the 5 year mark when all is said and done (if that date holds).  This is very frustrating, but I’m trying to take the advice given, and relax....  very difficult 

5 years for an appeal is nothing. Can easily be 7-10 years.  Seriously, not joking.  So if you were 3 years into your appeal and only have to weight another 15 months...thats still less than 4.5 years....

Mine started September 2015 and my ramp should be done by March 2019....Still far better than regular appeal.  I really don't care.  I remember when just regular claims took 27 months.  Seems like just yesterday

Guys, I am still in the legacy system and waiting for a DRO decision, it is stated to be 13 months out.  My BVA appeal that led to this NOD took ten years.  

I guess what I am saying is that Ramp cannot be all that bad.

I opted in to Ramp on 4/9/18! I was at the preparation for decision phase ! My RAMP went backwards on 12/14/18 ! To review information and prepare for decision! I was told that needed to do 3 new C&P exams for the error rating corrections on both my appeals in the RAMP ! One Appeal for increase is over 15 years old now filed 7/23/2003 ! It appears I was told they forgot to do new C&P exams my RAMP is now heading into the 9 month zone on 12/9/18 will be 270 days ! Hopefully I will have a positive decision before that date !

Just to update, I opted into RAMP and they acknowledged receiving my opt in August 28 2018. They did not officially have me in RAMP until January 9, 2019. By my math, that puts me being in the system at 135 days before they ever acknowledged me being in RAMP... 10 days over the 125 day mark. 

This is the new scam folks. They have my completion day as Oct 19, 2019. If I would have stayed in the DRO appeal, I may have been better off, but who knows. All I know is this has not sped up the process for me at all, and has done nothing but piss me off....

Edited by firedog974

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use