VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why RAMP is not living up to expectations (Just my newbee 2 cents)

Rate this question

firedog974

Question

Hi all, 

New here, but want to share my experience with RAMP.  I came here looking for advice/ info/ direction, and it looks like some of you have had similar experiences with RAMP as I have had so far.  I have been in an appeal for almost 3 years now, I elected a DRO review.  During my appeal, I made contact with an old platoon mate who agreed to write a buddy letter on my behalf.    Since this was considered "new" evidence, the lawyers' office helping me said I should opt into RAMP as I now have new evidence.  I took their advice and went the RAMP route.  The VA received my RAMP package Aug 2018. Since then, nothing has changed.  When I call, they simply tell me my RAMP paperwork has been received but not processed.  I have been told, "I'm sending this to my supervisor to get resolved" only to call the next week to see nothing has changed.  While I understand I am well below their 125 day "approximate" window, I am at 90 days, making 125 seem impossible since I'm not even in the RAMP system.  This is typical VA in my opinion..... "it will be done in 125 days!"..... but it will take you 180 days to get into the system.  I'm pissed and think I should have stuck with my DRO review.  Maybe my experience is out of the norm, or maybe this is the latest trend in the VA lies....  Any input is appreciated. If I'm off base, please let me know.  I'm just in a world of pissed off right now,....

RAMP denied 2 of my issues by ignoring credible lay evidence, which goes against their policy. They didn't accept 2 other IMO due to the fact they were submitted after HLR opt in which my rep said they would accept if before the conference.  They closed my case on Dec. 21 and I have yet to hear about my other 2 issues. I think they intentionally didn't put them in any decision to delay my claim. I have an inquiry in as of right now. I'm ticked as well. I wish you could go after the person who destroys your character and basically calls you a liar even though you meet all 3 of the caluza elements; which I do. 

KC3 - I am not an expert but hope that I have learned from my mistakes. I had a number of claims that were denied, in which I thought showed a nexus between an in-service event and a current condition. Boy was I wrong and being angry about it solved nothing. I don't know the details of your claim and it none of my business, but they will send you a letter as to why they denied your claim. Even if they deferred your last two issues, you will receive the letter. In that letter it will state why they denied your claim. You need to address those reasons. Is your packet easy for the VA to understand (it may seem like a no brainer to you, but how about to somebody that does not know you)? Have you received a copy of your C-File (Claim-File) in the last year? Are they looking at something in your records that you don't know about? There is a lot of good information on here that can help you be successful in filing a claim.

Patton 

A good attorney will help too!  I know from personal experience that you can miss things or get things too complex when you are looking at it for months and years.

Getting a fresh set of legal eyes on it can help and can unwind anything that needs it before it gets to the BVA.

Mark

• HadIt.com Elder

Deferral mitigation" is when a rater defers an issue and a VSR (likely) thinks the rater is wrong. A VSR can't trump a rater so s deferral mitigation is when the VSR sends it to the quality team for the override of what the rater asked for.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use