VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why RAMP is not living up to expectations (Just my newbee 2 cents)

Rate this question

firedog974

Question

Hi all, 

New here, but want to share my experience with RAMP.  I came here looking for advice/ info/ direction, and it looks like some of you have had similar experiences with RAMP as I have had so far.  I have been in an appeal for almost 3 years now, I elected a DRO review.  During my appeal, I made contact with an old platoon mate who agreed to write a buddy letter on my behalf.    Since this was considered "new" evidence, the lawyers' office helping me said I should opt into RAMP as I now have new evidence.  I took their advice and went the RAMP route.  The VA received my RAMP package Aug 2018. Since then, nothing has changed.  When I call, they simply tell me my RAMP paperwork has been received but not processed.  I have been told, "I'm sending this to my supervisor to get resolved" only to call the next week to see nothing has changed.  While I understand I am well below their 125 day "approximate" window, I am at 90 days, making 125 seem impossible since I'm not even in the RAMP system.  This is typical VA in my opinion..... "it will be done in 125 days!"..... but it will take you 180 days to get into the system.  I'm pissed and think I should have stuck with my DRO review.  Maybe my experience is out of the norm, or maybe this is the latest trend in the VA lies....  Any input is appreciated. If I'm off base, please let me know.  I'm just in a world of pissed off right now,....

8 hours ago, firedog974 said:

At day 182. Went into prep for decision for about 5 days ago, now back to gathering of evidence. Not sure if that is good or bad, but I'll keep on waiting!

It just means that something needs to be corrected or they need more information. I have had it happen to me before, and never had a second C&P Exam. I am not saying that they will not request another C&P because you never can tell with the VA. 

Claim is at the same stage, but it now has (under documents needed from me) 

• Request 2

Due Date: Not available Status:  No Longer Needed

Exam Request - Processing

What the hell is this? any ideas?  

12 hours ago, Patton said:

It states "No Longer Needed", so I would not worry about it. You can call them and they be able to tell you something but I would not count on it.

I just got a call from the VA, they do need another C&P exam.  I was really hoping to avoid another exam, but oh well.  Just shows how unreliable that online system is. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use