VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why RAMP is not living up to expectations (Just my newbee 2 cents)

Rate this question

firedog974

Question

Hi all, 

New here, but want to share my experience with RAMP.  I came here looking for advice/ info/ direction, and it looks like some of you have had similar experiences with RAMP as I have had so far.  I have been in an appeal for almost 3 years now, I elected a DRO review.  During my appeal, I made contact with an old platoon mate who agreed to write a buddy letter on my behalf.    Since this was considered "new" evidence, the lawyers' office helping me said I should opt into RAMP as I now have new evidence.  I took their advice and went the RAMP route.  The VA received my RAMP package Aug 2018. Since then, nothing has changed.  When I call, they simply tell me my RAMP paperwork has been received but not processed.  I have been told, "I'm sending this to my supervisor to get resolved" only to call the next week to see nothing has changed.  While I understand I am well below their 125 day "approximate" window, I am at 90 days, making 125 seem impossible since I'm not even in the RAMP system.  This is typical VA in my opinion..... "it will be done in 125 days!"..... but it will take you 180 days to get into the system.  I'm pissed and think I should have stuck with my DRO review.  Maybe my experience is out of the norm, or maybe this is the latest trend in the VA lies....  Any input is appreciated. If I'm off base, please let me know.  I'm just in a world of pissed off right now,....

13 hours ago, cnocmmz said:

I did the same thing for my appeal.  I did get he same response and spoke with a VA rep and finally case is under the claims column vice the appeals column in E-benefits.  It has been moving back in forth from "reviewing evidence to Prep for decision" . It is recently in the Prep for decision column as of this AM.  Of note, when I went under the RAMP appeal system, VA sent me out for another C &P exam (weird in itself) and I am told that I do have sleep Apnea and that the DOC during the C&P agreed it was attributed  to my mil service. 🙂 . Now, I was already at 91 points, so , I am hoping this decision whenever it happens  will get me to 100%.  I have been dealing with the VA for 15 long  years!  Sooooo tired.

The only advice I can give is to hang in there and they will get to your case much sooner that the DRO review.

Good luck, and thanks for the advice! Hopefully they will do the right thing...

11 hours ago, firedog974 said:

Thanks for the nice words. Mine is kind of an uphill battle, but I’m ready for it.  Here goes my long winded rant.... I have been diagnosed with PTSD over the years by different, non VA docs (ironically, during marriage clounceling sessions). I never really sought out real help until about 5 years ago, and didn’t take to it well. I finally asked the VA for help about 3 1/2 years ago and was told by the C&P doc “we have no record of this BS.” Needless to say, that exam did not go well. I was denied, and filed an appeal. Since that time, I did my own research and found I have little to no records of my service in the army. I served in the army from 1992-1995, army reserves from 96-97, and Marine Corps from 97-2003.  When I look at my service record from the Marine Corps, it has everything... certs of commendation, fit reps, licenses I held, rifle range scores, ect... I looked at my army records, and all that is there is an enlistment contract! I was blown away. I did my own research, and tracked down my LES’s that show foreign service and hostile fire pay, as well as a roster for recipients of awards for operation restore hope. At the same time I found a platoon mate who I spoke with and wrote a statement concerning the issue I was asking the VA to give me treatment for. I have submitted it all, and am waiting to hear. I went from gathering of evidence to pending decision today, just a day after my C&P. Hopefully that is good. If I loose, the good news is I have managed to reconnect with a lot more of the guys I served with (including my plt Sgt) all of who were there during the incident. I have not asked for a statement from them yet, but I will if I need to. It is kinda hard asking for statements, because it makes you (at least in my opinion) sound weak. But I will ask for them if I need to. I hate this whole process, but I am really happy I had a good shrink this time. I am just ready to put it all behind me and move on and get better. Not that it means much, but admitting all of this here is a bit liberating, and makes me feel better. 

Sorry for the long rant. 

Please let us know how it all turns out.

12 minutes ago, vetquest said:

congrats @cnocmmz.

Thanks, although looking at the numbers the 50 % for Sleep Apnea just carried me over to 96 points. 

Question: It does say that it is permanent and total.. could the VA call back in again for a C&P review? 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use