VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ramp closed detoured me

Rate this question

gbat

Question

Hi all,

I had an appeal going on 3 years, than decided to go into Ramp on 6/04/2018. Original had a 125 day window for completion. In October it changed to Nov. 18 to Jan. 18. Ok there goes there 125 day window but the end is in sight. Opened up E-benefits and I see claim closed 11/20/18. I thought that was weird because one issue is PTSD and didn't have C&P exam. Than I see claim received 11/21/2018 in review stage with an estimated completion date of 9/19. what is this, any clues? 

6 answers to this question

Mine has an estimated completion date of November 24th on vets.gov. Ebenefits has an estimate date of January to February. I started RAMP on June 12th and the 125 day window is gone as well. I guess it's better than waiting another 2 to 4 years. 

My Ramp started June 1st 2018. My estimated completion in 21 November 2018- 3 March 2019.

If I were you I'd check your ab8 letter.  It seems as though they closed on somthing and then opened another.

Just an update,

My appeal was closed 11/20/2018 with a new appeal opened up same day with no knowledge from me. I am still waiting for BBE. It's been over a month. I sent several IRIS concerns in. The last one was they got back and said they have no idea what happened. ( A for honesty on their part) They also said they sent it to RO for explanation, this was a week and a half ago, so far crickets ( F for maybe remanding my claim without having reasons in place.)

Is there a way to call RO directly? VSO no help. What else should I do.

Another quick update,

IRIS sent email response,

Apparently my  appeal was closed and deferred to higher lever reviewer with a completion date of Sept. 2019. My only issue is when I went into RAMP, I went into higher level review lane, so why the need to defer?

I'm not mad just very disappointed in whole system, it seems like this is just another way to kick the can down the road.

just another update, even though IRIS told me it was deferred to higher level, I have not received a BBE stating why it was deferred. It's been going on almost 7 weeks. How do I get them to send the statement on why they deferred?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use