VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA

Rate this question

RobWilliams1981

Question

So 11/7 I recurved a letter stating about lawyer fees. What total amount granted was and of that what lawyer is getting out of it.

Now I can do basic math so I k ow what I'm getting. Simple right...no nothing from VA on this since 11/7 almost 30 days ago and when I call they will not answer a question directly instead you get a run around and then they say anything else I can help with when they didn't help at all.

So can anyone help me.

How long after BVA grants does it take to get retro pay?

Why is it they they can't just give an answer in plain English?

C&P docs are not allowed to make decisions. They measure and write it down. A VA examiner uses any dirt he can find to deny and sometimes just makes it up. I have a Vet who was, is, and always will be,  right handed. He enlisted and signed with his right hand. The entrance Physical said Right handed. In 93, they said because of a medical "misadventure" in the Army (surgery) that he had lost the use of his right hand. They gave him a MEB. Then they gave him 60 % instead of 70% for it being the dominant right hand. The rater said (I'm not kidding) that since he now has to use his left hand, he's technically left-handed and not right handed. So he's fortunate not to have lost his "dominant hand". This is who you are dealing with, folks. 

I had a VA examiner one time say that since I was drawing from civilian disability unemployment insurance I was technically still employed and not eligible for TDIU.  This same examiner later stated that my SC disability was not SC and was the main reason I was unemployable so no TDIU.  Later when they realized their mistake and reapplied the SC they claimed it was not serious enough to cause unemployability.  And then people wonder why veterans think the VA is out to get them.