VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP processing times

Rate this question

echo4whiskey

Question

I opted into ramp on 4/26 of this year. My NOD was closed out a short time later and a new claim was opened in Ebenefits.

Then that claim was closed and reopened on 7/6 and a C&P was done on 8/10.

Ive been at prep for decision since 8/20 and no movement since then.

Is this normal? The claim is for an increase of 1 already service connected disability.

I can’t seem to find any good data on current processing times for RAMP.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Ramp is too new to have "average process times".  Maybe in a couple years they will have enough data to compile an average.  The BVA times lag at least a year behind, that is, the BVA chairmans report, the newest is 2017.  

Since "August 20" is a relatively short period of time, since VA is moving from measuring wait times in YEARS, to measuring them in Geologic time.  That is, did you apply during the Pleistocene Epoch, or was it the Cenozic Era, both of which are millions of years ago.  Mine is relatively new, "only" 16 years ago, and, of course, its not yet resolved.  Many others are 20 plus years ago, and, importantly, VA denies many claims until the claimant dies. 

Because many Vets complained to their congress critter, congress passed "RAMP", which is a new experiment and its unknown how well it will work out.   

Edited by broncovet

I filed my RAMP 4/9/18 ! I have two appeals in Ramp one for sleep apnea secondary to PTSD,  the other appeal is for increase of service connected kidney injury rated at only 10% ! Ebenefit is saying New Service connected disability pending under both of the Appeals in the Ramp when I go to the section that list all my disabilities! When I go to the status of appeals section it says prep for decision! When I call peggy and ask them since ebenfits says New service connected disability for both appeals does that mean I won ! They say we cant tell you ! Wait for your decision letter lol ! Before all this happened ebenfits said error rating correction and it was at that phase for a month and half ! So am hoping I one since it has changed to new service connection pending for both appeals ? In the same boat !

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:39 PM, Optomusprime said:

I filed my RAMP 4/9/18 ! I have two appeals in Ramp one for sleep apnea secondary to PTSD,  the other appeal is for increase of service connected kidney injury rated at only 10% ! Ebenefit is saying New Service connected disability pending under both of the Appeals in the Ramp when I go to the section that list all my disabilities! When I go to the status of appeals section it says prep for decision! When I call peggy and ask them since ebenfits says New service connected disability for both appeals does that mean I won ! They say we cant tell you ! Wait for your decision letter lol ! Before all this happened ebenfits said error rating correction and it was at that phase for a month and half ! So am hoping I one since it has changed to new service connection pending for both appeals ? In the same boat !

Opto- have you heard back? I am going to have to file my sleep apnea under secondary to PTSD. I was wondering if you were awarded? I had the sleep test done and was put on a Bipap machine all outside of service which I wish I would have taken the test while in. Anyways, I wanted to pick your brain on this to see if they awarded you this and if so, what all did you have to do? I am working with a neurologist now and set to see him again next few weeks. I was going to have him fill out the DMQ form and go from there.

Echo- I had my appeal sitting for roughly 9 months. I then entered the RAMP and it took exactly 4 months later to finish. I had 3 items on appeal.

It was basically a new claim but was told they would go back to the original date you started or intent to file appeal etc date.

Once it hit RAMP, the appeal closes and it will now be a claim- shows you the items in the new claims area and usually and from what others have said you will get a call to do c&p exams. I got a call to do this a month after I went into RAMP. Regional office is suppose to set your apts up within 30 days. Then After I did my exams it seemed to take exactly a month until it was done. This has been the results for me with claims and appeal. As soon as the c&p were done, the denial or approval followed 30 days later. I do submit records and as much as possible so it seems to help. Although I never did the DMQ forms and now I am doing these in hopes of bypassing any future c&p exams. Like others said, it could take longer but for me and about 4 others I know it seems to take 4 months if no errors, no go backs from when you enter RAMP and RAMP will be the new deal starting FEB so I am sure the dates will push back as everyone will be in that category now.

I am still waiting on a decision for my RAMP claim ! It will be 9 months old on 1/9/19 ! My RAMP opt date was 4/9/18 had a HLR phone hearing on 9/28/18 was told the HLR found many error ratings in my favor for both appeals in RAMP the sleep Apnea and old 15 year old appeal for increase of service connected kidney injury with abdominal muscle wall strain currently rated at only 10% since I filed for increase back in 7/23/2003 ! My Ramp went from preparation for decision! Backwards to review for decision on 12/14/2018! 3 new C&P exams were ordered for both appeals due to error correction ratings I was told for both appeals ! I completed all 3 C&P exams on 12/18/18 ! Hopefully I will have a decision very soon now ! It's been a long stressful RAMP ride so far ! Now going into 9 month range next week ! 

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:25 PM, Optomusprime said:

I am still waiting on a decision for my RAMP claim ! It will be 9 months old on 1/9/19 ! My RAMP opt date was 4/9/18 had a HLR phone hearing on 9/28/18 was told the HLR found many error ratings in my favor for both appeals in RAMP the sleep Apnea and old 15 year old appeal for increase of service connected kidney injury with abdominal muscle wall strain currently rated at only 10% since I filed for increase back in 7/23/2003 ! My Ramp went from preparation for decision! Backwards to review for decision on 12/14/2018! 3 new C&P exams were ordered for both appeals due to error correction ratings I was told for both appeals ! I completed all 3 C&P exams on 12/18/18 ! Hopefully I will have a decision very soon now ! It's been a long stressful RAMP ride so far ! Now going into 9 month range next week ! 

Well it sounds like you did everything needed and the end of this is soon over and will hopefully be in your favor. I was denied sleep apnea and they listed it as due to weight gain since getting out. I am going to appeal it as secondary to PTSD. I am arguing that poor sleep over the years along with depression can have impacts on your weight and the sad thing is i have people from when i got out that said i needed to take the sleep study. they heard me sleep and i wrote it off and didn't want any part of someone watching me sleep. My Service Rep was not too helpful and pretty much said that its a no brainer denial and in their professional opinion, they wont grant it. I am not giving up..

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use