VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lumbosacral Strain and Vertebrae fractures caused by Osteopenia and Sciatica

Rate this question

kegs

Question

Hi.  I need some guidance. I currently am 40% VA disabled, including 10% for lumbosacral strain.

I submitted A claim 23MAR2018 under the Gulf War and the VA denied most of my claims, but deferred a few.  I am waiting on the deferred items, the lumbosacral strain, the vertebrae fractures caused by osteopenia, and sciatica.

I had a MRI on my back in FEB 2018 and the following are basically the results.  L1 - moderate fracture.  L2 - mild to moderate fracture. L3 - moderate to severe fracture.  T11 - mild fracture.  L3 - moderate stenosis.  L2 - mild stenosis.  Multilevel degenerative changes.  Multilevel disc bulges.  Disc herniations.  L3-L4 - severe bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing.

I have submitted test results, reports, documents from various medical facilities, Dr. evaluations, diagnosis stuff and my own things.  I do not think there are codes for everything.  

I have some questions.  What else can I get and submit in support of my claim?  Will the VA rater connect all the dots/information?  Should I submit a new claim and claim each condition separately?  What about pyramiding?  

My Dr. stated that I have occasional sciatica.

I have read some posts, but I am really in the dark on this.

Please steer me in the right direction. Thanks. 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Begin at the beginning.  Make sure you have all 3 caluza elements documented:

1 current diagnosis

2.  In service event or aggravation

3.  Nexus or medical link between the above.

After you get all this, then you can work on symptoms which will influence your disability percentages for SC conditions.  

Are you working?  If unable to work, consider applying for tdiu if eligible.  

Lumbosacral is considered 1 system. They will taste based on range of motion in degrees both forward and backward, and sideways, and twisting. They can also rate on bed rest days but doctors rarely prescribe that anymore. I submitted days missed sheets from work with mine. I'm 40% for that, too. To get higher you have to be really messed up.