VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP ERRORS - Pay Attention At All Times

Rate this question

HorizontalMike

Question

IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN LEGACY APPEALS PROCESS,... THEN PAY ATTENTION!

My legacy appeals were actually AT the BVA and being handed out to judges.  This new "RAMP" thing erroneously "PULLED THEM" from the BVA!  My FORM-9 was filed 2-1/2yr ago!  This could be YOU, so pay attention to what is happening to ALL of your appeals! 

IMO, this "RAMP" thing is way too new to be trusted.  I already have a corncob where I don't want it, and I am NOT smiling about a Dxxxxxmn thing!

HorizontalMike

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 11:49 AM
To: ME
Subject: FW: Claim improperly pulled from BVA and placed into RAMP

I never received a response to my initial inquiry so I had to escalate my issue up further. I just received a response last night. See below.

XX Xxxx

Attorney at Law

Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 10:54 PM
To: XX Xxx, VBAWAC
Subject: RE: Claim improperly pulled from BVA and placed into RAMP

Hi XX,

I am really sorry this happened. Actually, the issues were still properly before the Board, but the RAMP processing station erroneously included all issues within the initial RAMP letter that was sent. After that, the Board updated the database to place all issues in RAMP, thinking that the letter was correct. Instead they should have adjudicated the issues and notified the AMO of the error in the letter so we could instruct the RAMP processing site to send a corrective letter.

I would recommend filing an NOD with the Board as well as a motion to advance on the Board’s docket due to administrative error. I will also reach out to the Board from my end to explain the situation and tell them to look for your motion. Please let me know if that works for you.

ZZ

Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 12:06 PM
To:ZZ Zzzz, VBAWASH <@va.gov>
Subject: Claim improperly pulled from BVA and placed into RAMP

Hi ZZ,

I am hoping you can help me out with this situation. My client Michael YYYyyy (abcd) had claims for sleep apnea, depression, and increased rating for TBI that were at the Board (activated) and were already with the judge and his staff attorney ready to be adjudicated when all of a sudden the claims were pulled from the Board and placed into RAMP.

We elected Mr. YYYyyy’s claim for TDIU into RAMP but that was the only claim that was eligible for RAMP since the others were already activated at the Board. However, it appears that despite being ineligible for RAMP the other appeals were put into RAMP anyway.  

Now rather than being with the judge waiting for a decision Mr. YYYyyy’s claims for sleep apnea, depression, and TBI are no longer at the Board. Will you please have someone look into this and reactivate the claims at the Board so that we can get a final decision?

Here are a few important pieces of information that I have been given from the Board concerning this matter:

• The claims for TBI rating and service connection for depression went to Judge Kxxxxzz on September 18, 2018. There were then assigned to staff attorney In on the same day. They were pulled from the Board and placed into RAMP on September 24, 2018.

• The claim for service connection of sleep apnea went to Judge Tyyynnnxx on September 18, 2018. The claim then went to staff attorney P on September 20, 2018. It was pulled from the Board and into RAMP on September 24, 2018.

Thank you so much!

XX Xxxx

Attorney at Law

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Well, it has taken 6-months for the RO to return my appeal(s) BACK TO the BVA in Washington.  And as a result, there is now a 90-day window for "new" evidence to be submitted.  At the end of THAT 90-day period, my appeal will then be submitted back to the Board to be placed (actually re-placed) on the docket.  This means that the "RAMP" folks will have delayed my appeal(s) by ~9-months, from their mistake of pulling ineligible legacy appeals and placing them in RAMP.

Only now, can my lawyer submit a "motion for advancement" on the docket, because of the RAMP/RO administrative error.  The RO's procrastination is palpable... 😲

I swear......... RAMP actually stands for "Rapidly And Methodically Postpone"  🤬

• HadIt.com Elder

Well shonnie

AS Hamslice says 

''you like it or get nothing''

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use