VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DBQ's

Rate this question

EarthSurfer

Question

Ok so I was given DBQ's for my intent to file on multiple things. Most of which I am already service connected for. My question is that I had my treating physicians fill them out as instructed by the VA rep. I uploaded them as instructed. Now I was quickly contacted by the VA for the items that where new and that I did not have a DBQ for. I was quickly scheduled  for C&B appointments which I have since went to. So what next? I mean for the DBQ's filled out by my treating physicians for the already service connected ailments that had a zero rating. Has anyone ever went this route? I hope thats not to confusing I have trouble explaining things in my head. They seem to make since to me but when I try to relay them it turns into a jumble of crap. 

So I have four DBQ's for service connected issues that were filled out by the treating physicians for those specific issues. I have heard nothing from the VA other than gathering information on my Ebenefits  page. If anyone could shed a little light on this I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thank you in advance. 

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sounds like Increase on his S.C. Conditions.

Unless these are new conditions and filing for them?

What you do now is either try to get copies of all the C& P Exams you have did and see what the examiner mention in his reports &  what he/she checked.

Or Simply wait for your decision.

Edited by Buck52

6 hours ago, EarthSurfer said:

Ok so I was given DBQ's for my intent to file on multiple things. Most of which I am already service connected for. My question is that I had my treating physicians fill them out as instructed by the VA rep. I uploaded them as instructed. Now I was quickly contacted by the VA for the items that where new and that I did not have a DBQ for. I was quickly scheduled  for C&B appointments which I have since went to. So what next? I mean for the DBQ's filled out by my treating physicians for the already service connected ailments that had a zero rating. Has anyone ever went this route? I hope thats not to confusing I have trouble explaining things in my head. They seem to make since to me but when I try to relay them it turns into a jumble of crap. 

So I have four DBQ's for service connected issues that were filled out by the treating physicians for those specific issues. I have heard nothing from the VA other than gathering information on my Ebenefits  page. If anyone could shed a little light on this I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thank you in advance. 

DBQs are meant to provide the C&P examiner and Ratings schedulers the medical evidence to give them a better picture of how your symptoms of each conditions are affecting you.

The gathering of evidence phase takes approximately 1-3 months, but since you have multiple conditions, it "might" take a bit longer to go into the next phase as "Under Review" (the longer they take? your retroactive pay will be more for your claim, if it is granted.)

I had a claim go from gathering of information to preparation for decision 1 and a half months, then it was sent back to gathering of evidence for another three weeks because the C&P examiner errored and opined the condition as direct-service connection. I had claimed a secondary connection disability. Unfortunately, my claimed was denied. But, I learned a few things.

Since you have an ebenefits account. You can actually look up what the C&P examiner submitted, if it was a VA C&P examiner. If it was done by QTC or another contractor, they won't release those records to veterans. Bummer.

In ebenefits, be sure to login on a personal computer or your cellphone:

1. Log in

2. Click on your Dashboard at the upper right of your screen.

3. Scroll down to where it asks,"What would you like to do next?"

4. Click on "Manage Your Health"

5. The next page will say "Manage Health Care Benefits"

6. Scroll down until you see "VA medical records". Click on it.

7. On the next page you'll see "VA Blue Button Report". Click on it.

8. The next page will read, "Download my Selected Data". On the date range you'll want to enter the start date the day before  your C&P exam. Enter the end date on the day your C&P was scheduled for.

9. Scroll down a bit until you see, "VA Electronic Health Record History and Wellness Reminders". Click on the box that says "VA Notes".Scroll down further and click submit.

10. On the next page, you'll have your downloaded results. I recommend clicking on the "View" TXT it takes less time to load your information.

I hope you received a favorable C&P exam. Best wishes.

Good morning all,

Thank you for your wisdom on the topic. I greatly appreciate it. So I am currently at 80% I was rated at 10% for herniated disc back in 2015 and my back has got worse and worse. I've had to get injections every two months since 2016. I was told to file for an increase because of that and I have nerve damage down the right leg as a result of my injuries. My PCM sent me for a nerve conduction test that clearly showed the nerve damage. 

I was diagnosed with in service TBI with a 0% on my initial VA exam in 2015. I just had my C&P for an increase which I was then sent for neurology testing which was interesting. I feel apart in the stupid ass testing because they put me in a small confined room for 5 hours. So I guess we will see what happens on that.   

When I initially went in for  compensation after exiting the Marine Corps I was seen by this dim wit of a Physiologist or psychiatrist. She told me that since I had an education and a job and I had not beat my wife yet or was arrested that there was no chance I had PTSD. However I was asking for help and did not get it.  It is clearly documented in my medical service record that all the medical physicians I encountered diagnosed  me with PTSD. I finally ended up with a licensed   PHD psychiatrist that diagnosed me with PTSD and anxiety disorder. Which I have filed with the VA. Which I am not sure if thats a new claim since I was seen for it initially and the idiot that saw me clearly did not care about what she was doing. Should I try to recoup that as a misdiagnosed exam? 

I guess I just don't understand why I was given C&P appointment within two weeks of filing for the issues that I did not have DBQ's for. The issues that I filed for that I have DBQ's for just says gathering information. 

If you guys have any other insight I would really appreciate it. 

Thank you all for your service and the helping hand. Having fellow service members to lean on is a huge help for so many. Thank you tremendously!