VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What to do?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

what can a Veteran do when he sees a VA Dr  and disagrees with this Dr and the Dr is disrespectful and down right mean  and dim-straits bad body language toward the veteran...and the veteran and the Dr have words,(disagreements)  but the veteran keeps his cool.and shows respect in spite of this bad VA Dr..of course the Dr covers her self and none of this is mention in her Appointment Notes After the ordeal is over.....so its the Veterans word against the Dr  I do not think the Dr Assistant will be of any help,,,this is a V A Dentist BTW.and the only Prosthodontists.they have to do this specialty at this VAMC

Should the Veteran not say anything ? and just let it be,  or should the Veteran request another Dentist? for to be free bases privately? who would you tell something like this to?

Opinions any body?

Thanks in Advance

Edited by Buck52

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go to the Patient advocate first- and if that reaps no satisfaction this vet should contact the Director of the VAMC. I probably have their #. Dont know what VA.

He sure might want to look her up on the VA Contracting doctors list I have post here twice or more times.

She might not even be a VA employee.

This is one more draw back of the VA's practice of hiring more and more contractor- and medical professionals.

My major complaint on that has been that if a contracted doctor,nurse, etc, causes negligence to the vet- the vet cannot use 1151 or FTCA against them anymore.Because they are not a VA employee.

But another concern would be, a contracting doctor,nurse, etc could become very negative and disrespectful to a vet and without a formal complaint to their contractor, they might do this to many veterans.

This is the second time  early today I am posted the WH Hot Line # and I have been posting that # as well as the OAWB site link  often here lately.

1-855-948-2311

I have been around the VA block since 1981, have made formal complaints to the directors of our local VAMC many times, and filed another complaint recently against my VARO.

The problem with these issues, I have seen over the decades, is that veterans do not complain enough- to the right people when they have a legitimate reason to-

and this is why the C & P exam program is so messed up and will probably take a Class Action case to resolve it.

Neither the VA nor Congress, nor any other entity re: VA -can fix what they do not know is broken.

I have not heard back from NVLSP on the GAO C & P report yet- only got 2 invites to their Christmas party-I live too far away to take the time to go- I would just end up griping about the VA anyhow.... 

PS I ask questions here that never get answered- maybe someone will have this info-

What are the names and address of the main contracting firms that VA is using these days?

Unfortunatey there are private entities so FOIA wont work to get info on them.

But I will try a FOIA today, to the VA to try to find out who they are?

Not being a vet myself, nor getting VA health care ( and the Posthumous C & Ps I got over the years  appear to have all been done by VA employees)- I don't know who these contractoring firms  are.

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that Ms berta. 

Thank you for all this Info.

I second the patient advocate,

While she/he may not help in  your case, they will eventually get rid of the bad people over time.  If they get 1-20-30-whatever number it takes, complaints then they have the requisite number to fire or more likely move the person.

If you don't say anything, know one will know.  

Just don't expect any action specific to you(r) instance immediately, there is a shortage of good doctors and good nurses.

Just sayin,

Hamslice