VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Updates Rating Schedule

Rate this question

Berta

Question

"VA updates disability rating schedule related to hematologic and lymphatic systems

WASHINGTON — Effective Dec. 9, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) updated portions of the VA Schedule for Rating Disabilities (VASRD or Rating Schedule) that evaluates the hematologic and lymphatic systems.

These federal regulations used by the Veterans Benefits Administration help claims processors evaluate the severity of disabilities and assign disability ratings.

“Our goal is to provide Veterans with the best possible customer service,” said VA Secretary Robert Wilkie. “When providing benefits, that means ensuring our benefits delivery is in line with current medical analysis.”

One diagnostic code was removed, nine were added, and several were restructured. The complete list of updates to the rating schedule are now available online. Claims pending prior to Dec. 9, will be considered under both the old and new rating criteria, and whichever criteria is more favorable to the Veteran will be applied. Claims filed on or after Dec. 9 will be rated under the new rating schedule.

By updating the rating schedule for conditions related to the hematologic and lymphatic systems, VA claims processors can make more consistent decisions with greater ease and ensure Veterans understand these decisions. VA remains committed to improving its service to Veterans continuously and staying at the forefront of modern medicine as it has for decades.

VA has issued several VASRD updates since September 2017, including updates for dental and oral conditions, conditions related to the endocrine system, gynecological conditions and disorders of the breast diseases of the eye and skin conditions."

https://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=5159

I sure hope all of the updates are here- but at least they are linked into  in this Press Release.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Mr. Wilkie posted:

Our goal is to provide Veterans with the best possible customer service,” said VA Secretary Robert Wilkie. “

Has any Vet stopped lauging yet?  Frankly, its not all that funny, when VA's service is 

"vastly inferior" to either Amazon, Walmart, or McDonalds.  

Does it take 10 years, or more to resolve a customer service issue with either of thes?  No, just the VA.   Remember, Supreme Court Justice, Roberts, was "startled to learn" that VA takes a position

"against the Veteran" which is "substantially unjustified" about 60-70 percent of the time.  

If VA's service is "so great", why are they taking a substantially unjustified position agains the Vets more than half the time???

This means, when we appeal (we often should not HAVE to appeal), the VA fights us tooth and nail, even when we are correct.  This is NOT good service to Veterans...it translates to high Veterans homeless rates, and high Veterans suicide rates.  

The very poor, tired, homeless Vets often can not afford an IMO/IME to win benefits (many dont even know they need one...this information is often "cleverly kept" from Vets so that they dont know how to win their claims.  

It reminds me of years ago, politicians calling VA "world class" medical care, but how come

politicians (even Veteran politicians) get there health care elsewhere?  Have you ever seen a high level politician in a VAMC waiting room???  I have not.  Never.  Why?  Because congress feels they deserve their own health care plan..one that is far, far, far better than VAMC.  

In defense of the VAMC, I have noticed "much improved" medical care over the past couple years.  

For example, in my total knee replacement, I got "top notch" care.  Not so much for other parts of VA.  I got a physical therapist to come to my house for the first 3 or 4 weeks.  This is usually not done in the private sector..its expensive.  

Edited by broncovet