VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P schedule VES

Rate this question

SPO

Question

So I submitted my claim on December 4th, and today it went to gathering evidence.  Seems to be moving pretty quick.  I was told that Veterans evaluation group would be doing the C&P.  No word on where or when, but I was interested if anyone had any experience with them for arthritis exams, and particularity if you have in the Baltimore area.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

You will probably be getting a call to set up exams by Jan 4th. It seems like a month from when you submit a claim to getting a call from LHI or whomever to get an exam set up. I wonder if you submit a DMQ from your doctor if they ever just take this and not full around with a C&P. And from what i see personally, after the C&P was done, it would update to pending decision and usually obtain an rating/decision within a week.

16 hours ago, SPO said:

How have these contract docs been treating people?  Thorough and fair exam?

From what I've read, the experience can vary widely.

I had a C&P exam last month (Nov 13th) with a doctor from VES (Veterans Evaluation Services).  He was a retired army doctor, and he seemed happy enough to be sent all over the world doing these exams.  He started his career in Vietnam; we had a brief discussion about the injuries he had seen.  I had the impression that he was more or less satisfied to input whatever I was saying straight into the DBQ or his notes.  He had at least read enough to know that I was already service connected and at what percentages.  I had filed for IU (already eligible) and an increase for seizures.  Most of his questions (and my answers) revolved around those issues.

FYI, any condition you state on a TDIU claim is treated as an increase by the VA.  Besides seizures, I had also listed the old damage to my left arm.  It was almost as an afterthought at the end that he realized he should actually physically check that out, instead of just taking my word for it.  Nothing with my arm has changed in over 20 years.  But after looking at it and using a tape measure to gauge the level of neuropathy, he freely stated that he did not think the VA had previously taken everything into consideration, and he would have that in his report.  That was a pleasant surprise.  I didn't ask him much about anything else, but when I did, I received a standard reply about him not really knowing what the VA was looking for in regards to seizures, IU, etc.  The only other time that he volunteered to share any info, was a comment he made about understanding employers not hiring people with a history of seizures.

Overall, I think it went well.  My only concern is that I may not have properly conveyed the status of my seizure condition.  Could make the difference between a 60, 80, or 100% rating.  If I had studied the DBQ and VA rating literature, I probably could have answered his questions better.

So my best advice is to study the DBQ's for your issues, as well as the rating criteria.  Then cross your fingers. 

So I talked to VES today and they said it was a medical record review only C&P. I’m not sure whether that is good or bad. My private doctor mentioned painful movement but he did not do a range of motion test. I really hope they give me at least a minimum on each joint if that that is the case.