VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical record review only c&p

Rate this question

SPO

Question

I actually asked this question in another topic but wanted to bring this particular question up independently.  

So I talked to VES today and they said it was a medical record review only C&P. I’m not sure whether that is good or bad. My private doctor mentioned painful movement but he did not do a range of motion test. I really hope they give me at least a minimum on each joint if that that is the case.  Otherwise they are not doing their part to determine severity,  am I correct in that?

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

A "medical record review" C and P, would only be as good as the most recent medical exam.  Without knowing what is in your medical records, I have no idea if a loss of range of motion is docuemented or not, you would have to check that.  

If you want the ROM documented, you would likely need a IMO/IME if its not already documented.  However, you may be getting the cart before the horse, if you dont have the Caluza elements documented for SC.  It wont matter if the ROM is documented or not, if your claim is denied due to, say, no nexus.  

I don’t have an exam on file with the va for this condition.  It’s a new secondary condition.  I did submit a dbq from a private doc though, still no rom though. I believe I have all of the Caluza elements.  1. The dbq shows diagnosis 2. The doc said “more likely than not” it was caused by to an already service connected condition.

I have had at least three paper C&P's in the past.  I believe its the examiners way of scheduling time.  Last Friday I had two C&P's, one at 730 and one at 1230.  The one at 730 was in person and then the one in the afternoon was for her to do her paperwork.  

All of them coincided with a pending claim.  I never have had one when I didn't have something going on with them regards compensation.  

FWIW,

Hamslice

The one I have is for a pending claim. The  contractor doing the exam said the don’t have a request from the va for an in person. So I’m hoping there is enough detail in the dbq to give me a fair rating, and this is just because my doc didn’t review my va file.  Or they will be requesting an in person after more info, or I’m just screwed.  

If they need more info from you they will let you know.  If they need to see you again, they will let you know.

I've been called back twice for additional C&P's when the rater wanted something the examiner did not look at.

Both were for scars secondary to the original claims.  Now, I see they just include the scars DBQ up front.

For me anyway,

Hamslice