VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical record review only c&p

Rate this question

SPO

Question

I actually asked this question in another topic but wanted to bring this particular question up independently.  

So I talked to VES today and they said it was a medical record review only C&P. I’m not sure whether that is good or bad. My private doctor mentioned painful movement but he did not do a range of motion test. I really hope they give me at least a minimum on each joint if that that is the case.  Otherwise they are not doing their part to determine severity,  am I correct in that?

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

hamslice, were you awarded 10% for each joint claimed or overall?   It they give me 10% on each joint that would get me to that magical 100%. I would probably still pursue an increase later just to have the increased issues on the record.  

Just for a little clarification I am not saying that my private doc did an inadequate exam by not completeing all the paperwork. I’m saying the va didn’t by only using partial information since they have no input for ROM.

I have all separate ratings,

Shoulder 20, elbow 20, other shoulder 10, cervical 20 and lumbar 20.

However, I have two in the hopper for both ankles.  And according to my last C&P examiner, they are rated separately.

Now, I also have a foot claim for both feet, and it depends on how that gets rated, but it could be bilateral plantar fasciitis, or separately for arthritis.  Not sure how that is going to pan out.

Thanks,

Hamslice

Just an update. VES completed the record review c&p and the VA received it back.  No further word yet though. According to ebennies  and the 1-800 # no request for outside documents or records has been made.

Just to be clear, you are NOT required to hav an in-person C&P nor is it mandatory to have one.  The rater can ask for a medical opinion w/o sending you to a C&P exam.  Your post is vague as to what you claimed and lacking additional information as to what was provided to the rater when you submitted the claim.  If your claim requires ROM, the rater would have had that completed during an in-person C&P exam.  If you are only claiming pain, then they might be just looking at pain.  You could very well have provided substantial evidence to support your claim and all the rater needs is a clarification.  You won't know until the claim is completed and you receive the decision.

Once you receive the decision, and if it is a denial, read why it was denied, and what evidence was used in the claim.  If you feel you should have won the claim, then you file an NOD and fight it.

Right now you don't know anything so it is a waiting game.

I spoke to a VA rep (I think I might have actually spoke to a rater).  They said the request was to review my electronic file in reference to severity under the ACE program.  Wondering if this sound like a good thing for me or not.  I have been treated by a private doc for this condition the entire time i've had it, so there won't be much info in that file, besides the link for service connection because its a secondary.