VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims examiner may have made a mistake...

Rate this question

ToddG

Question

Greetings! I've been lurking here for a bit and have been the beneficiary of quite a bit of good information. Now I have a question specific to my claim that I don't see answered anywhere else.

Here's a quick synopsis of my claim:

SSDI approved; 13 DEC 16

Intent to file VAD; 22 MAY 17

Completed filing; 14 MAY 18 claiming four disabilities (cervical spine arthritis / left hip arthritis / L&R shoulder bursitis and tendonitis) and IU   

Received first rating decision; 31 OCT 18 - left hip denied / left shoulder approved @ 20% / right shoulder and neck deferred / IU denied, but VA acknowledges I am unemployable but due to NSC disabilities

Received second rating decision; 27 NOV 18 - cervical spine approved @ 30% / right shoulder approved @ 20% / C&P examiner added right upper extremity radiculopathy @ 40% (surprise!) so, VA math - 40+30+20+20 = 80%, and all back pay received

But my IU claim was left in the dust, and I'm thinking it should have been re-opened.

Called today and spoke to Peggy - she filed for a reconsideration of IU based on new rating decision and agreed it should have been held open till deferred items were decided. She said it should reappear on ebenefits within 30 days, and call back if it doesn't

My question is: Should I do anything else right now, or just wait the 30 days and see what happens? Plenty of time for a NOD later.

How does this all look? Complete claim as far as anyone can tell?

Edited by ToddG

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have no idea----- maybe the "secondary approval" means it needs another signature......

TDIU was approved this morning going back to my original filing date.

Left arm radiculopathy was approved at 20%, but it still shows in Pending Disabilities so I think it's being worked on.

Cluster headaches are approved at 0%, but it still shows in Pending Disabilities, so I think it's being worked on.

This brings my schedular to 84%.

Diabetes is deferred.

All other new claims went back to "Review of Evidence" in Pending Disabilities.

Letters say T&P.

8 minutes ago, ToddG said:

TDIU was approved this morning going back to my original filing date.

Left arm radiculopathy was approved at 20%, but it still shows in Pending Disabilities so I think it's being worked on.

Cluster headaches are approved at 0%, but it still shows in Pending Disabilities, so I think it's being worked on.

This brings my schedular to 84%.

Diabetes is deferred.

All other new claims went back to "Review of Evidence" in Pending Disabilities.

Letters say T&P.

Congrats!