VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P for Reconsideration

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I have a C&P with QTC this Thursday for a reconsideration fr my back and knees. The did not test me per the DaLuca v Brown standards. Hopefully I will be granted an increase for my back, I am hoping for 50% or higher but will be pleased with 40% (I am currently at 20%).  I will assume I will get 10% for each knee.

I received a call from QTC about an hour ago wanting to confirm an appointment for Friday at 8 am, this confused me since I have an appointment for Thursday at 1:30 pm. So I called QTC and asked what this appointment was for (it was 3 hours away from where I live) and was told it was actually for the doctor to do a medical opinion on the C&P I will have on Thursday. I do not understand why a doctor who will not be seeing me will write a medical opinion on me for a C&P that is performed by a different doctor. 

Is this normal and will they actually write two medical opinions for my back and knees? Sorry I just don't understand why two different doctors are involved (especially when only one will be seeing me).

Does this happen often?

Thanks for any and all input.

• Greeter

SSDI did that to me as well. Probably something the va adapted to under the new vamp system to get more exams done in a day. Personally I don’t think its accurate measure for the veteran to give a medical opinion. They probably just want a quick in and out range of motion. Remember if you currently don’t have a flare up or pain present let them know what you are limited to during a flare up. 

https://www.hillandponton.com/nerve-conditions-part-1/

Don’t know if you experience nerve problems but the link above explains it further in depth. (Sciatica ect)

Dot09...I do have nerve pain which I have been rated for down both legs because of my back. I wish I could say my back only hurts occasionally but unfortunately it hurts all of the time. I will make sure that they measure my range correctly this time.

Thanks

I spoke with QTC and they informed me that the VA had requested a second medical opinion. They also said it is not that uncommon. I think it is a waste of time and money on the VAs part to request a second medical opinion by a doctor who won't physically see me and only only look at the files and the other doctors report.

On a side note (even though they say not to bring anything) I will bring a copy of my last MRI and x-ray results for my back and give them to the doctor to review. In the past they always seem to appreciate that I bring them (at least all but one doctor).

Never heard of that second opinion thing.  

Yes, bring your medical records that are pertinent, it can help the examiner to see what he needs to see without digging to find something that might not be there.

I always try to take all pertinent medical records. They have said that in the past that they have to dig through all the file to figure out what is relevant and what is not. As we know that VA does not make it easy.