VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Primare care issue

Rate this topic

I weigh a little less than you- 127 -but still I take a statin twice a week as preventive-I am a civilian as well- 

As angry I get with the VA- I only complain to them with Facts.

My WH complaint started out regarding a different matter-(that was bad enough)  but the OAWB contacted me about it and that led to far more serious issues they are looking into.

This was in early October 2018 and I have sent them additional probative  evidence ,since.

Specifically copy of a letter I wrote  to the Chairman of the  H VAC letter,years ago- regarding their VA hearing-with no response, yet a letter I wrote to Shenseki got into the hearing on that matter, but nothing was done.

and I sent  past and recent evidence from GAO that supports my complaint 

VA cannot fix what they don't know is broken.

But we have to contact the right people to get anything fixed, and now have two more ways to be heard.

Thanks to all who responded, it gives me some ideas and as usual makes me realize I am not the only one going through this.  The drugs were Prozac and Paxil, in the same family.  It was just this year that the NYTimes ran an article about a psychiatrist who had given himself one of them who saw what I saw, high triglycerides and weight gain (along with something he called "brain zapping", which apparently didn't happen to me and hopefully wowowowowown't).  I figured it out for myself 11 years earlier.  The VA psych who prescribed them and denied the side effects (and who does not recognize the condition that I have a VA regional rating of 70% for on the basis of an IMO and six hours of psychological testing paid for by the state; I have five different diagnoses by VA psychs) is still there and I encounter them walking the sky bridge for exercise between the VA facility and OHSU almost every time I cross it, doesn't matter what day or time.  Almost as if the VA figured out they shouldn't be letting anyone else see them (or like me everyone refuses) and they are running out a clock to retirement at $150,000 a year.  

Not going to go into all the other tit for tats, as someone mentioned it was all over the map and of course complicated.  What I am considering is a letter to the head of the clinic along the lines of "I hope this will not have to go any further than this discreet letter" type of thing to get assigned a different primary care doc.  I don't think asking for community care will go anywhere, but will consider it.

P.S.  I guess you are all aware of the NYTimes report also this year about vets at the Roseburg , Oregon VA being put on hospice status without their knowledge so when they died in the middle of a hospital from denial of care it wouldn't count against the hospital admin's mortality statistics.  Haven't heard of anyone going to jail yet.   Please stay out of there if you can.  

Edited by slangpdx
grammar

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/01/us/at-veterans-hospital-in-oregon-a-push-for-better-ratings-puts-patients-at-risk-doctors-say.html

I get Google alerts on any VA Malpractice-almost every day. Got 3 today I have not read yet.

I am a successful FTCAer ( and 1151)

Since the VA caused my husband's death- which years later became a direct Sc death due to AO, I have filed a complaint with the OAWB on how the VA manipulates theirr actual malpractice statistics.

My evidence is my personal experience with OGC, three GAO reports, letters I sent to Sec Shulkin and Congress, and considerable other info- to iclude my 1151 DIC award that states the exat nature of their malpractice, done in the local Bath VAMC as well as Syracuse VA tried to cover up Bath;s malpractice- they could have instead, actually treated the veteran.

I used to post links here- to what I get , and recently posted the HBP scam one VA was pulling.

They were noting 120/68 on muliple vets Med recs- vets whose HBP was much higher than that.

We have a better IG than ever before , those Press releases from the VA OIG are often startling, but just like any federal IG, they can only make recommendations unless they are working with the Justice dept when fraud (VA or veteran fraud) involves money.

The VA , as I stated in my complaint, is allowing malpractice to occur-and I gave a full rationale with evidence for that statement.

• Greeter

Could be blood in the water. You could just request a new primary care physician because at this point your probably running up stream with this physician. Try to play the game because in the long run the only thing your hurting is yourself.