VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD EXTRA STUFF ON CLAIM?

Rate this question

hansjolo

Question

Hi, I posted a success story about my PTSD award, thank you all for the responses! , butI have a ? about what the VA is doing, My original PTSD was awarded and then 2 claims were defered apparently they were part of the PTSD award. I had my rep activate them and they are in a "pending approval" mode.  So the VA split my claim originally into 3 components:

1(PTSD: awarded July 5 2018 and paid

2(Ptsd Personal Trauma: 07/05/2018 deferred at 1st, activated and now pending approval

3(Military Sexual Trauma (related To: Ptsd - Non-combat) Defrerred at 1st then now pending approval

Why is there 3 componets and what does it mean if anything to my rating and previous PTSD award July 5 2018 #1

Edited by hansjolo

2 answers to this question

You will only receive ONE MH rating.  I am service connected for PTSD/MST and MST is related to personal trauma.  You can have many other MH issues but again only one primary MH rating.  

I read your success story, so you were granted an increase in June 2018 to 70% for your MH rating.  Most likely all they are doing is confirming if you meet the criteria for MST/Personal Trauma.   

Edited by Navy4life