VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help confused

Rate this question

Unique11128

Question

I filed a RAMP APPEAL (HLR)  in  April 2018. I was denied so I filed another appeal to the BVA in August 2018 . So I recently recieved a call that the BVA Remanded the sleep apnea to ARC  but granted My PSTD/MST appeal. I also filed for TDIU for the PTSD. I was told that the Regional office did not address the TDIU which was filed with the PTSD. So I'm being told by ARC  the Regional office was emailed and I informed to address the TDIU. Can anyone share their opinion on what to expect. I meet the 100 schedule but filed the TDIU just in case. Can Regional office award or does it go back to ARC?

Unique11128 

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

29 minutes ago, treysnonna said:

What exactly is SMC?  And can you get it if you are 100% scheduler?

Special Monthly Compensation is additional compensation over 100%.

If SMC criteria is met depending on how bad a condition is or multiple conditions are compensation can be $100 and up to $5000 in additional compensation above a 100% rating.

On 12/24/2018 at 10:43 AM, Johhny_Drama said:

May I ask did you have to pay a lot for this Nexus letter? I haven't heard/ knew anything about this letter until seeing people mention that here. I will mention this to my neurologist to see how he can piece this together. Sleep Apnea is a real $%^&* and what really upsets me and I am sure others is that i had this while in and was too much in a rush to get out that I wrote off poor sleep habits however now I am going to have to figure out a way to get compensated for this. I will work with Neuro to see if they can write up a letter as well as state that this is somehow in their opinion related to PTSD etc.

Between  $500 to $10k is the going rate for a nexus.

I am so excited to share the outcome of my appeal. I am 100 PTSD and 60 for other service connected disabilities. I was also awarded  SMC S 1 housebound.  Not sure how much HB pays. I am so happy it's been a long time coming.  I want to thank each and everyone of my HADIT family members for all of your support.

NEVER LEAVE A SOLDIER BEHIND!

Unique11128 

It is GREAT NEWS-I put the link in your other post but here it is for 2019:

Dependent Status N 1/2 O/P R.1 R.2/T S
Veteran Alone $5,055.60 $5,338.04 $7,627.64 $8,749.099 $3,421.90
Veteran with Spouse $5,227.05 $5,508.49 $7,798.09 $8,919.54

$3,592.35

https://www.military.com/benefits/veteran-benefits/special-monthly-compensation-smc-tables.html