VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help confused

Rate this question

Unique11128

Question

I filed a RAMP APPEAL (HLR)  in  April 2018. I was denied so I filed another appeal to the BVA in August 2018 . So I recently recieved a call that the BVA Remanded the sleep apnea to ARC  but granted My PSTD/MST appeal. I also filed for TDIU for the PTSD. I was told that the Regional office did not address the TDIU which was filed with the PTSD. So I'm being told by ARC  the Regional office was emailed and I informed to address the TDIU. Can anyone share their opinion on what to expect. I meet the 100 schedule but filed the TDIU just in case. Can Regional office award or does it go back to ARC?

Unique11128 

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Johnny Drama

Yes, I filed it secondary to PTSD I had a nexus letter from a Private Dr. It was not denied but remanded meaning they want more information i guess they want me to see a Va Comp doctor even though the Va did the sleep study and gave me  CPAP machine. I'm actually more concerned with them not including my TDIU in the Ramp even though I was told it was in the Ramp..They acknowledged they made a mistake by not including the TDIU when they decided my appeal...I was told today they will fix it. I'm not sure how or who when etc.

I'm sorry to hear you were denied get a private Dr to give you a nexus letter and pray.

Unique11128 

Vetquest

I filed the TDIU/PTSD originally before the IMO private Dr. or Va comp exam.

I am not currently rated100 scheduler. I have just recently been granted by the BVA for PTSD. I was trying to cover both bases if I don't get the 100 scheduler. So because the DRO didn't include the TDIU in the RAMP APPEAL it was not addressed at the board. So unless I'm incorrect the BVA would have granted the TDIU and once it went to the ARC. If the ARC decides to rate me 100 scheduler then the TDIU will be moot.

I'm asking because I'm not sure. Does anyone have a opinion.

In that case I would pursue the TDIU.  If you have are rated at 100% and have one condition that is rated at 60% you qualify for SMC.  If you have one condition that makes you TDIU and another condition rated at 60% or more than you are also entitled to SMC.  It is a note of contention on this topic.  A lot of people do not understand how you can be TDIU and 100%.

Again, I would appeal in that your TDIU was not considered. 

Edited by vetquest

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:31 PM, Unique11128 said:

Johnny Drama

Yes, I filed it secondary to PTSD I had a nexus letter from a Private Dr. It was not denied but remanded meaning they want more information i guess they want me to see a Va Comp doctor even though the Va did the sleep study and gave me  CPAP machine. I'm actually more concerned with them not including my TDIU in the Ramp even though I was told it was in the Ramp..They acknowledged they made a mistake by not including the TDIU when they decided my appeal...I was told today they will fix it. I'm not sure how or who when etc.

I'm sorry to hear you were denied get a private Dr to give you a nexus letter and pray.

Unique11128 

May I ask did you have to pay a lot for this Nexus letter? I haven't heard/ knew anything about this letter until seeing people mention that here. I will mention this to my neurologist to see how he can piece this together. Sleep Apnea is a real $%^&* and what really upsets me and I am sure others is that i had this while in and was too much in a rush to get out that I wrote off poor sleep habits however now I am going to have to figure out a way to get compensated for this. I will work with Neuro to see if they can write up a letter as well as state that this is somehow in their opinion related to PTSD etc.