VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Approval status, waiting to see effect of potential government shutdown on completion

Rate this question

GeekySquid

Question

So today my Vertigo claim status on Ebenefits moved to Pending Approval with an estimated completion range of Dec 28, 2018-Jan 8, 2019.

As always these statuses mean squat as they can change.

What I am monitoring will be the effects on the timeliness of our monthly checks and if the status extends past the dates listed.

The VA is funded but the Treasury isn't and it is the Treasury that processes our checks out through the ACH to our banks and also prints any physical checks.

In one of our past shutdowns I had a few days delay in a payment not related to the VA. The only department (involved in my payment) that was affected by that shutdown was the Treasury. They literally did not have enough people left to "push the button" on each of the transfer batches in their queues when the shutdown occurred. The money was pushed out about 3 days late if I remember correctly.

Based on what I know and feel about the existing vertigo claim and what is in my cfile for the last 5 years on the subject, i suspect I will either be flat out denied (and have to fight) or be rated as Meniere's disease and at a high percent.

Since I am already 100% on a single isssue, 60% or higher on Vertigo would/should move me to SMC S and if that happens the issue about the timing of our checks becomes more interesting.

Personally I won't suffer if our checks are delay a few months, but so many other veterans will be harmed that even contemplating a negative effect of a shutdown is just disgusting.

Once again "hurry up and wait" has affected my life and I can do nothing but find patience.

Hamslice....federal employees (not military) are paid every two weeks. As a federal employee we get paid 26 times a year...just want to clarify is all.

I just pray the government gets their act together and pass a budget. I am tired of all political parities not doing their job. Why did they need to wait till the last minute to work on this issue? 

• Founder

The mission of the community is to help veterans help themselves and each other with their VA Disability Claims. Discussions that veer off this topic do not support the mission, especially when posted in the VA Claims forums. We do have a social chat forum for people to shoot the breeze.

For over 20 years I have said the same thing over and over again, no politics. It's easy to slip into it a political discussion when talking about the government, but be vigilant. Facebook is a great place for these kind of discussions , hadit.com is not. 

When discussions starting separating R's and D's in no time at all things get heated and the focus of the admin and moderators has to be taken off the mission to monitor a discussion that has nothing to do with the mission. It's a waste of limited resources.

The site has remained a valuable resource for veterans filing claims for VA disabilities. One of the things that has made us successful for going on 22 years is sticking to our mission, the other biggest component of our success is each of you willingly giving of your time to read, comment, research or offer a word of support to your brothers and sisters here. Some folks never post and you will never know how much you have helped them, but you have. Year after year, through the good and the bad we hang together here because we've had it with VA runaround and we want to make it better for our brothers and sisters.

I apologize to everyone, however, I did NOT discuss politics, at all.  The OP stated that we might not get VA comp pay because of the shut down.  I stated that was not the case and too stop scaring Veterans.

We do this same thing every shutdown, every year, ever political season and for the last three years, almost annually someone brings up the proposed budget cutting off IU benefits to Veterans on Social Security.  That thing died a quick death years ago.  They are going to keep proposing it, but its dead, every time.

Never happens, and again, my comments are not political,

Just trying to stop the hysteria...  Does everyone realize we had 3 shutdowns in 2018 all together.

Just sayin,

Hamslice

I'm dun..

Happy holidays, all. Tension is high, and we (well a lot of us)  have a lot of idle free time to worry or monitor stuff like this. So, let's take today to step back and revel and remember our shared experience with each other. Enjoy football, family, cheesy movies, Die Hard, etc! 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

• HadIt.com Elder

brokensolider244th

Don't for get the movie

'''Its a wonderful life''   with James Stewart''    LOL😉

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!