VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Approval status, waiting to see effect of potential government shutdown on completion

Rate this question

GeekySquid

Question

So today my Vertigo claim status on Ebenefits moved to Pending Approval with an estimated completion range of Dec 28, 2018-Jan 8, 2019.

As always these statuses mean squat as they can change.

What I am monitoring will be the effects on the timeliness of our monthly checks and if the status extends past the dates listed.

The VA is funded but the Treasury isn't and it is the Treasury that processes our checks out through the ACH to our banks and also prints any physical checks.

In one of our past shutdowns I had a few days delay in a payment not related to the VA. The only department (involved in my payment) that was affected by that shutdown was the Treasury. They literally did not have enough people left to "push the button" on each of the transfer batches in their queues when the shutdown occurred. The money was pushed out about 3 days late if I remember correctly.

Based on what I know and feel about the existing vertigo claim and what is in my cfile for the last 5 years on the subject, i suspect I will either be flat out denied (and have to fight) or be rated as Meniere's disease and at a high percent.

Since I am already 100% on a single isssue, 60% or higher on Vertigo would/should move me to SMC S and if that happens the issue about the timing of our checks becomes more interesting.

Personally I won't suffer if our checks are delay a few months, but so many other veterans will be harmed that even contemplating a negative effect of a shutdown is just disgusting.

Once again "hurry up and wait" has affected my life and I can do nothing but find patience.

• HadIt.com Elder

All I can say is the people of America Voted him in as our Commander in Chief.

like him or hate him  he is the President.

and he is basically the Boss. but he is not above the law and no one will stand up to him..maybe there afraid they will lose their high paying jobs?

What he could do being he is a billionaire several times over  is fund/donate the $$ for this wall he wants so badly..

One thing I do like about President Trump he is persistent  and don't back down from anyone and he donates his presidential salary to the VA. which is probably penny's to him.

Let me restate that..

When I worked for the federal government, we got paid the next month.  So pay for Dec came Jan 1st, however, you could draw up to 50% of your pay early, so in this case, on Dec 15th.

So, with the "impending" shutdown, the Border Patrol will get there Dec pay on Jan 1st.  They already stated that and it has been reported. So, what would be in jeopardy would be January's pay.  Which is paid out Feb 1 with a stipend on the 15th.

With that said, today is the 21st, with 31 days in Dec,  plus the 15 days until first pay in Jan, that means the shutdown would have to last at least 25 days to have an impact.

And again, I will bet all of my stipends that if it were to go on past Jan 15 and they actually did not cut a check for the federal workers, they will eventually get their monies.

So, no one federal worker is going without pay for at least the next 25 days.

"the sky is falling"

Hamslice

Heaven help them when the first person doesnt get their SS check.  That will never happen.  EVER..

• HadIt.com Elder

The media will have a field day with this.

As False Promises to America for the Wall.

Everyone needs to work together or nothing will get better only worse.( jmo)

• HadIt.com Elder

GeekySquid

I think we all understand your concern on this issue, None of us wants our fellow brother veterans to be in a mess because of this  Gov-shut down cause by the president, although he says its the demarcates shut down &   that's his opinion  and were all entitled to our opinion.

but you keep raving about what will happen to others , A.D. Personal and their family's, border patrol people that will not be paid as well as veterans that are not prepared, none of us are prepared for this.

your entitled to your opinion but

''Please do not instigate arguments on this issue.''

All anyone can do is just wait it out...Hopefully the senate will come to a comprise and the Gov. will be fully operational ASAP.

hopefully when they resume today at noon...well see?

That's all we can hope for.

Edited by Buck52

3 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Please do not instigate arguments on this issue.

the hypocrisy is amazing among members of this site. The moderators, including you Buck, love to spew your political opinion but let someone disagree and you try and chasten them.

I am not raving about anything. I am stating a fact and responding to very rude, obnoxious individuals spewing opinions that amount to "screw them I got mine". Since you are not chastening them it is apparent you agree with their sentiment.

If members respond to me with stupidity, rudeness and down right incorrectness I will respond and i will tell them why their words are stupid, rude or incorrect. If you want to correct someone go after the guy in this thread who thinks the shutdown is a joke and if people suffer too bad for them.

I have also seen your posts per this particular president and in your last your praise for him was because he  claims to donate his salary to the VA. I would fact check that for several reasons. 

1) Citizens, even the president, cannot DONATE money to the government except through their tax form. Nor can citizens direct or demand where money goes. There is  specific law about this and it is why this gofundme page for the wall amounts to a grifting political stunt by a right wing anti-immigrant veteran who has made an enormous living ginning up hate and white supremacist anger.

2) the government cannot take money as donations.

3) designation of where money goes has to be made by Congress and a specific law passed to make the designation. that has not happened in the matter of Trump donating his salary to any government entity.

4) Trump's own charity was just shut down because of his lies and family using it as a piggy bank to avoid taxes and to make political donations. Besides which he never made a donation to his own family charity.

5) his children may end up in jail if NY takes them to trial

6) his in-campaign veterans charity donation that he claimed he was going ot make was never made

7) the second veterans charity during his campaign turned out to be one guy who never spent a dime on veterans and trump only gave him 20K....from his family charity that he, donald, never donated to in the first place

8 ) people like Linda McMahon, Erik Prince, Steve Minuchin, and Betsy DeVos did donate to the Trump family charity that is being shut down.. gee and what do those people do today?

Edited by GeekySquid

• HadIt.com Elder

GeekySquid : Said

''the hypocrisy is amazing among members of this site. The moderators, including you Buck, love to spew your political opinion but let someone disagree and you try and chasten them.''

1. First everyone has the right to there opinion

2.There is no ''hypocrisy'' or chasten going on here from anyone

3. If some one gives some bad advise or is wrong about a Regulation, Sir  that is corrected by other members (in a mild manner) were all fortunate to have some very knowledgeable Members on this board that has the experience with VA Related problems to share it with us.

members like Ms berta, Alex, broncovet, Vync, Hamslice brokensolider244th ,seminoles,Vetquest ,Jbasser Gastone, and many many more!

And I am very glad we have these  knowledgeable people to help out and help other veterans, they devote their time and advise unconditionally...when they could be doing something else,  they take time away from their family's to help our fellow brother veterans get their deserved benefits.

4. I have mention to you about the Ignore future Ms Tbird has for this site if you don't agree or like what someone states in their post or responds to your post,   your welcome to use this future.

5. You seem to want to ridicule  any hadit member when they do state there opinion or write something you don't like and you disagree ,you go on and on and on about it and your not polite with your response ,most member ignore you for the fact of having an argument.

I am just letting you know if you keep this up  you could be ban from hadit.

Ms Tbird will not put up with this type of nonsense,  if you want to continue your way of expressing yourself this way  I suggest you find another web site .

This is all I have to say to you unless other wise instructions from our founder Ms Tbird.

Have a good day sir and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.

Buck