VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Approval status, waiting to see effect of potential government shutdown on completion

Rate this question

GeekySquid

Question

So today my Vertigo claim status on Ebenefits moved to Pending Approval with an estimated completion range of Dec 28, 2018-Jan 8, 2019.

As always these statuses mean squat as they can change.

What I am monitoring will be the effects on the timeliness of our monthly checks and if the status extends past the dates listed.

The VA is funded but the Treasury isn't and it is the Treasury that processes our checks out through the ACH to our banks and also prints any physical checks.

In one of our past shutdowns I had a few days delay in a payment not related to the VA. The only department (involved in my payment) that was affected by that shutdown was the Treasury. They literally did not have enough people left to "push the button" on each of the transfer batches in their queues when the shutdown occurred. The money was pushed out about 3 days late if I remember correctly.

Based on what I know and feel about the existing vertigo claim and what is in my cfile for the last 5 years on the subject, i suspect I will either be flat out denied (and have to fight) or be rated as Meniere's disease and at a high percent.

Since I am already 100% on a single isssue, 60% or higher on Vertigo would/should move me to SMC S and if that happens the issue about the timing of our checks becomes more interesting.

Personally I won't suffer if our checks are delay a few months, but so many other veterans will be harmed that even contemplating a negative effect of a shutdown is just disgusting.

Once again "hurry up and wait" has affected my life and I can do nothing but find patience.

On 12/21/2018 at 9:10 PM, GeekySquid said:

they have already adjourned for the evening. The government shuts down at midnight

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/21/us/politics/trump-shutdown-border-wall.html

Trump may be stubborn, but Pelosi is the more experienced operator and Schumer has flat stated on the floor tonight that he will not get the wall this today, next week or on Jan 3rd when the D's take over the House.

Trump has already tried to waffle on his claim that he would own the shutdown. He got goaded by Fox News Hosts and now is backed into a corner and owns the shutdown.

it is wonderful for those of us with savings to last 6 months to be able to say that, but what of the veterans, active duty military and their families, and all the other government employees who don't have that option. He thinks it is okay to harm them to satisfy a campaign promise to what amounts to less than 30% of the U.S. population or 40% of people who voted. He lost the popular vote because dems did their usual and gave away the election. snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory as it were.

D's have no reason to negotiate or give him anything, particularly with all the problems he uses DHS to cause. in fact SCOTUS just smacked down his policy of NOT letting people apply for asylum who did not enter at an official port. They will also smack down his falsely claimed agreement with Mexico to "house" those seeking asylum until their turn (Mexico said flat out, he did not ask us, he just said he was not letting them apply so we best figure out what to do with them until he does let them apply for asylum).

DHS is the department running all of that, and they are the ones who will not get paid....let's see how long border patrol works for free. let's see how long the contractor who owns the kiddie prison Trump created will go without his Billion a month in government payments.

He is looking for a way out and to try and save face. He changed saying "wall" to "steel slats" in an attempt to rebrand his boondoggle campaign promise.

I am gonna bet Trump will crumble sometime in the next 14 days and still try and lie about that too!

This statement is off topic and offensive.